Question: How do I read a .zip file with VB4
Author Message
 Question: How do I read a .zip file with VB4

I need to get info from inside .zip files in an app I am writing.
I have tried shelling out to pkunzip and it works but how do I close
the shell after it is done. I would rather use the api to read the
.zips - can anyone tell me how? If anyone knows of an .ocx that will
give me .zip info that would be a viable option also.
Thanks

Thu, 25 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Question: How do I read a .zip file with VB4

threw this at us:

Quote:
>I need to get info from inside .zip files in an app I am writing.
>I have tried shelling out to pkunzip and it works but how do I close
>the shell after it is done. I would rather use the api to read the
>.zips - can anyone tell me how? If anyone knows of an .ocx that will
>give me .zip info that would be a viable option also.

I know of a VBX only -
ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/vb/vb_sw/zipstudio/

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.       http://www.sn.no/~balchen

Thu, 25 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Question: How do I read a .zip file with VB4

Quote:

>I need to get info from inside .zip files in an app I am writing.
>I have tried shelling out to pkunzip and it works but how do I close
>the shell after it is done. I would rather use the api to read the
>..zips - can anyone tell me how? If anyone knows of an .ocx that will
>give me .zip info that would be a viable option also.
>Thanks

Right-click on PKUNZIP.EXE and choose Properties, Program, and click on "Close
on Exit"

/-------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| My parents went to Castro Street and all I got was this lousy .sig file |
| David Migicovsky           |      {*filter*}? Yes                            |

\____________________________|____________________________________________/

Thu, 25 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Question: How do I read a .zip file with VB4

Quote:

>I need to get info from inside .zip files in an app I am writing.
>I have tried shelling out to pkunzip and it works but how do I close
>the shell after it is done. I would rather use the api to read the
>.zips - can anyone tell me how? If anyone knows of an .ocx that will
>give me .zip info that would be a viable option also.
>Thanks

Try MicroHelp Compression PLUS

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Question: How do I read a .zip file with VB4
If you just need to read info about a zip file, Mabry has a nice
control for that.

Mabry Software
P.O. Box 31926
Seattle, Washington 98103-1926
USA
Company: (206) 634-1443
Fax: (206) 632-0272
Sales: (800) 996-2279

Microhelp's Compression Plus and Inner Media's DynaZip let you do
almost anything with zip files, include create them.

MicroHelp, Inc.
4211 J.V.L. Industrial Park Drive N.E.
Marietta, GA 30066
USA
Company: (770) 516-0899
Fax: (770) 516-1099
Orders: (800) 922-3383

Inner Media, Inc.
60 Plain Road
Hollis, New Hampshire 03049
USA
Company: (603) 465-3216
Fax: (603) 465-7195
Sales: (800) 962-2949

I've only seen the VBX versions of these, but I believe that all three
either have or soon will have OCX versions.

Don

Quote:

>I need to get info from inside .zip files in an app I am writing.
>I have tried shelling out to pkunzip and it works but how do I close
>the shell after it is done. I would rather use the api to read the
>.zips - can anyone tell me how? If anyone knows of an .ocx that will
>give me .zip info that would be a viable option also.
>Thanks

Thu, 02 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading files from a zip file (Just reading the filenames, not unzipping or zipping)

2. Knowing when done zipping a file...

3. Reading Zips from VB4

4. ZIP files and attached files with VB4.

5. Beginning VB4 question: Reading from a text file.

6. **** QUESTION: How to read Disk File/Dir structure into TREEVIEW control (VB4, Win NT/95)

7. Reading Data From An Excel File - source.zip (0/1)

8. problem with reading zip files

9. control to read à ZIP file ?

10. reading binary files, can't be done

11. CGI32.ZIP Using VB to write CGI files - cgi32.zip (1/1)

12. Zip file support question.