How to make Self-Extracting .exe??
Author Message
 How to make Self-Extracting .exe??

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make Self-Extracting .exe??

Quote:

>How to make Self-Extracting .exe??

I use WinZip SelfExtractor which you can get from (I think)
http://www.winzip.com

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make Self-Extracting .exe??
I generally create the standard setup (setup.exe, setup.lst and
somefile.cab), then I zip those 3 files and manage them with WinZip
SelfExtractor.

ciao,

Giorgio

Quote:

>How to make Self-Extracting .exe??

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make Self-Extracting .exe??

Well you can make the file you want into a cab then
do this trick.

for example lets say that you have a big CAB file called
PROGGIE1.CAB

in the windows 95/98 there is a file called "EXTRACT.EXE"

open a DOS window and do this:

copy extract.exe+proggie1.cab proggie1.exe
now when you run proggie1.exe it will automatically extract the files
that you have included into the CAB file.

I've tested it and as far as I know it works.
I hope I helped...

Quote:
> How to make Self-Extracting .exe??

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. making a self extracting file

2. Any ideas about self-extracting .exe's?

3. Running a self extracting zip from setup.exe ?

4. Self-Extracting EXE

5. Self-Extracting EXE

6. Need Help Creating Self Extracting .exe

7. Self-Extracting EXE distribution?

8. self extracting exe

9. Q. Creating a SETUP.EXE for self-extracting files

10. Self-Extracting EXE

11. self extracting .exe

12. Any ideas about self-extracting .exe's?