Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect
Author Message
 Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect

I am using VB5.0 with SP3 applied.

I am writing an app which will fax out an invoice. I require it to be a font
size of 8. The font size by some funny way decides it will be 8.25.  If it
is 8.25 the invoice is out of alignment.

Has anyone come across this or have any ideas on the problem

Here is some code to replicate the problem.

Create a standard exe.
on the form load event insert the following code.

Private Sub Form_Load()
Picture1.Font.Size = 8
Debug.Print Picture1.Font.Size
End Sub

When you look in the debug windows you will see the font size to be 8.25

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect

Quote:

>I am using VB5.0 with SP3 applied.

>I am writing an app which will fax out an invoice. I require it to be a
font
>size of 8. The font size by some funny way decides it will be 8.25.  If it
>is 8.25 the invoice is out of alignment.

The font you are using (probably by default) is a system font and not
scaleable. Therefore you are stuck with a few fixed sizes and cannot specify
an exact size. Solution: choose a TrueType font first, then set the size you
want (which may then turn out not to be 8 points but something slightly
different to fit your invoice).

Bertie

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect
Thanks for your response, unfortunately your suggestion does not seem to
make any difference. Any other ideas would be appreciated !

Rene

Quote:

>>I am using VB5.0 with SP3 applied.

>>I am writing an app which will fax out an invoice. I require it to be a
>font
>>size of 8. The font size by some funny way decides it will be 8.25.  If it
>>is 8.25 the invoice is out of alignment.

>The font you are using (probably by default) is a system font and not
>scaleable. Therefore you are stuck with a few fixed sizes and cannot
specify
>an exact size. Solution: choose a TrueType font first, then set the size
you
>want (which may then turn out not to be 8 points but something slightly
>different to fit your invoice).

>Bertie

Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. REQ: Obtaining Font Sizes for specific Font

2. Windows Display Font Sizes Vs. Application Font Sizes

3. Change size, font, and font size of input boxes

4. font and size with printer.print VB4

5. Print quality changes font size??

6. Printing and Font Size Changes

7. VB5/SP3 Printing smaller font size

8. Incorrect size returned from .TextWidth - Font extent help

9. Multiple Font Types/Sizes when printing

10. How to PRINT different size and font on the printer at the SAME line

11. VB4 - can't set print font or size

12. Printing with different fonts and sizes on same line