VB6 (Web IIS) HTML TagContents limitations
Author Message
 VB6 (Web IIS) HTML TagContents limitations

I am currently working on a Web application using the VB6 IIS application
model.  The OS is NT40. I am using Personal Web Manager for local debugging.
 My problem is this:

get the following problem.
Step1 - The webclass tries to replace the tag with a large amount of
characters  (let say....400K)

from the HTML page that is below that tag.
Step3 - Everthing from the tag down to the bottom of the page is replaced
with 256K of characters (NOT the full 400K).

The result:  I get half of a page with garbled junk at the bottom.

It is almost as though the HTML page is not allowed to grow so that it can
accept the new data chunk.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Does anyone know what the fix is? I
checked the MS-site...no luck.

Oh! BTW, it used to work fine. It *would* accept all 400K but it stopped
functioning properly and I do not know what I did differently.

Any help is appreciated. Please Email me too, if possible.

Thanks,
Marty

Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 (Web IIS) HTML TagContents limitations

Quote:

>get the following problem.
>Step1 - The webclass tries to replace the tag with a large amount of
>characters  (let say....400K)

>from the HTML page that is below that tag.
>Step3 - Everthing from the tag down to the bottom of the page is replaced
>with 256K of characters (NOT the full 400K).

This is a bug with one of the DLL's shiiped sith VB6 SP3.

I forget the Knowledged Base article on this,
but the cure is to copy the older version of the affected DLL from a
pre-SP3 copy of VB6.

Try variations on your search of the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

-- Rick

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 & Web IIS Apps

2. Search Engine for the WEB (Intranet-IIS) - Using VB6

3. VB6 - Read HTML source of a web browser

4. How to access a bookmark on a different HTML page using VB6 web classes in a IIS application.

5. Web/CGI and Jet Limitations

6. TagContents

7. URGENT ! TAGCONTENTS

8. How to open HTML file from VB6 code and let this HTML file show up

9. How to open HTML file from VB6 code and make this HTML file show up

10. VB6 Form Height Limitations?

11. editing html template in IIS

12. VB IIS DLL file accessible in HTML/ASP page