VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5
Author Message
 VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5

Can any one tell me if it is significantly faster to use repetitive
calculation intensive code in a VB5 compiled module vs using that code from
a DLL written in Visual C++ 5?

(no junk e-mail please)

(Thanks to all who responded to my last question.)

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5

Can any one tell me if it is significantly faster to use repetitive
calculation intensive code (currently in a VB5 compiled module) from a DLL
written in Visual C++ 5?

(no junk e-mail please)

(Thanks to all who responded to my last question.)

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5

I guess it is, but I can't prove that with figures.

Andre'

Quote:
>Can any one tell me if it is significantly faster to use repetitive
>calculation intensive code (currently in a VB5 compiled module) from a DLL
>written in Visual C++ 5?

>(no junk e-mail please)

>(Thanks to all who responded to my last question.)

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5

Quote:

> Can any one tell me if it is significantly faster to use repetitive
> calculation intensive code in a VB5 compiled module vs using that code from
> a DLL written in Visual C++ 5?

> (no junk e-mail please)

> (Thanks to all who responded to my last question.)

  From the reviews I've seen, it depends on exactly what you're doing.
Apparently most processes still run several percent faster in C, but a few are
quicker in VB5.  I don't recall the magazines, but I've seem similar results in
a couple of places.

Tony

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5

Visual Basic Programmers Journal did a comparison of the code output
from VB vs VC++.  The bottom line was that in their examples VC++
optimized the code far better.  In one example  the VC code was
significantly tighter in a loop processing text than the VB code.

Cheers
Duncan

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:30:30 -0000, "Navnish C Mishra"

Quote:

>Can any one tell me if it is significantly faster to use repetitive
>calculation intensive code in a VB5 compiled module vs using that code from
>a DLL written in Visual C++ 5?

>(no junk e-mail please)

>(Thanks to all who responded to my last question.)

Duncan MacMillan
duncan at alpha dot co dot za (edit it to reply)
Invalid reply address edit above to send me mail

Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to compile C++ DLL for use with VB5

2. Compiling a C++ code to build a .DLL using VB Calls Question

3. How to compile DLL in C++

4. How to compile DLL in C++

5. Compiling a VB5 DLL from within VB5

6. Compile your common modules into one .DLL??

7. Visual Basic 4.0 usage of DLLs written in Visual C++ 4.0

8. How to write Visual C++ DLL's and call them from Visual Basic

9. Visual Basic 4.0 usage of DLLs written in Visual C++ 4.0

10. VB5 vs VB6 compiles

11. SPEED: VB5 ActiveX DLL vs C++ ATL COM DLL

12. Compile Winform With DLL Without VS.NEt