Disable Windows use of F1??
Author Message
 Disable Windows use of F1??

Is it possible to use F1 for a function in my program than windows snagging
it for help?

If so... any ideas how?

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:39:36 GMT
 Disable Windows use of F1??
try this

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)

Select Case KeyCode
        Case vbKeyF1: GoTo something

End Select

Private Sub Form_Load()

KeyPreview = True

End Sub

steve

Quote:
> Is it possible to use F1 for a function in my program than windows
snagging
> it for help?

> If so... any ideas how?

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:45:55 GMT
 Disable Windows use of F1??
I think you are talking about windows itself catching F1 keys are you?

not you app.

Do you want to stop windows starting help when using the F1 key???

Set up a keyboard hook and program it to do something diffent.

This could be another approach..

more info on keyboard hooks....

check the ms knowledge base.. there is loads on it

Chris

Quote:
> Is it possible to use F1 for a function in my program than windows
snagging
> it for help?

> If so... any ideas how?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:16:46 GMT

1. Disabling the Help window popping up after pressing F1

2. Need to disable F1 key.

3. disabling the F1 key

4. disabling the F1 key

5. Disable F1 context help via API?

6. testing for F1 and Shift-F1

8. VB3 and using F1-F12

9. VB3 and using F1-F12 keys

10. Using F1 keys

11. If you are using Windows 95 or Windows NT

12. Disabling confirmation windows when opening Office files