20 QUESTIONS
Author Message
 20 QUESTIONS

I have a couple of questions to ask.

1. How do you disable the resize property of a form?

2. How do you keep the focus on a form all the time (ie user can't click
outside the form)? (should i use a special type of form?)

3. Is it possible to load another form as soon as the current form
unloads/exits (eg when the user clicks on the       close button in the
top right-hand corner of the form)? (OR how do I disable the close
button?(without removing it from the form) )

4. How do you get rid of the icon at the top left-hand corner of the
screen? (VB5 gives you a default icon, but when you want to disable it
(ie set it to '(None)' ), a crappy windows icon comes up in it's place.)
I just want text at the top of my form - NO ICON!

5. While we're talking about icons  - Do .dll files have icons of their
own?(ie can an icon be in a .dll file?) If so, how do you view/modify
these? What programs enable you to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn
________________________

Reply to

or

Glenn Roberts

________________________

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 20 QUESTIONS

Quote:

> I have a couple of questions to ask.

> 1. How do you disable the resize property of a form?

         Change the Borderstyle property of the form to, for example,
fixed dialog - anything but sizeable. Or trap the Resize event of your
form, and set it's height and width back to what you want.

Quote:

> 2. How do you keep the focus on a form all the time (ie user can't
> click outside the form)? (should i use a special type of form?)

        In the Show event of the form, make it modal, i.e.
        MyForm.Show, vbModal

Quote:

> 3. Is it possible to load another form as soon as the current form
> unloads/exits (eg when the user clicks on the       close button in
> the top right-hand corner of the form)? (OR how do I disable the close
> button?(without removing it from the form) )

        Use the QueryUnload event of the form to either cancel the
        form unload, or load an alternate form of your choice
Quote:

> 4. How do you get rid of the icon at the top left-hand corner of the
> screen? (VB5 gives you a default icon, but when you want to disable it
> (ie set it to '(None)' ), a crappy windows icon comes up in it's
> place.) I just want text at the top of my form - NO ICON!

        Set the ControlBox property of the form to False

Quote:
> 5. While we're talking about icons  - Do .dll files have icons of
> their own?(ie can an icon be in a .dll file?) If so, how do you
> view/modify these? What programs enable you to do this?

        DLL files may or may not contain one or many icons. See the
moricons.dll file in your windows directory as an example. There are any
number of shareware or demo programs out there that allow you to view
the icons in a DLL (Microangelo, GConvert, many others...)

Quote:
> Thanks in advance.

        Hope this helps

                        MTW

Quote:

> Glenn
> ________________________

> Reply to

> or

> Glenn Roberts

> ________________________

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 20 QUESTIONS

Hi!
Here's some answers to your questions:

1.Change the BorderStyle property to Fixed dialog.
2.When you show your form specify that it should be modal for e.g.
    form1.show vbmodal
3.Take a look at the terminate event of a form and put you code to load
    the form there.
4.You could change the BorderStyle of the form or Set the property Controlbox to False
        (when you set the ControlBox to false you must have text in the forms caption or the
        titlebar of the form will disappear).
5. For this you have to use a API call. Look for the API "ExtractIcon".

I hope this helps

/Mattias

[...]

1. 20 questions

2. PC Install from 20/20 software

3. Stateless search from database (Return 20 and 20 records)

4. How to make a sinus output from 20 Hz to 20 KHz

5. Rookie question - where to put 20 page documents

6. QB45: difference between DIM a$(20) and DIM a(20) AS STRING?

7. Online Chats: Week of May 20-24

8. Combining 20+ Tables into One

9. Dividing incoming email into groups of 20

10. calculating Duration1..20

11. Displaying More than 20 Custom Properties

12. Ann: Nebula control library 1.20.1000.0