Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95
Author Message
 Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95

At work I write 16 bit code (VB4) to run on Windows 3.11.  One of the
routines calls a DLL which was written in COBOL.  this works fine until I
bring the source home and try to run the program on my machine (Win 95).
The program can't find the DLL (error 53, file not found) even though it is
in the DOS path and in the same directory as the VB program is running.

Can anyone suggest why I am getting this error?

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95

: At work I write 16 bit code (VB4) to run on Windows 3.11.  One of the
: routines calls a DLL which was written in COBOL.  this works fine until I
: bring the source home and try to run the program on my machine (Win 95).
: The program can't find the DLL (error 53, file not found) even though it is
: in the DOS path and in the same directory as the VB program is running.

: Can anyone suggest why I am getting this error?

Should work.  You might try putting the DLL in the Windows or
Windows\System directory, or using a full path in the Declare statement.

We ship a VB4/16 product for Win 3 and Win 95 and ship the same version to
everyone.

HTH -

--

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95

Try putting the DLL in the Windows/System dir. If that doesn't work the DLL
is possibly calling another DLL that isn't available.

Thomas Martin

Quote:

>At work I write 16 bit code (VB4) to run on Windows 3.11.  One of the
>routines calls a DLL which was written in COBOL.  this works fine until I
>bring the source home and try to run the program on my machine (Win 95).
>The program can't find the DLL (error 53, file not found) even though it is
>in the DOS path and in the same directory as the VB program is running.

>Can anyone suggest why I am getting this error?

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95

You didn't declare the DLL as being in a specific location in the VB function
declaration did you?

Quote:

> At work I write 16 bit code (VB4) to run on Windows 3.11.  One of the
> routines calls a DLL which was written in COBOL.  this works fine until I
> bring the source home and try to run the program on my machine (Win 95).
> The program can't find the DLL (error 53, file not found) even though it is
> in the DOS path and in the same directory as the VB program is running.

> Can anyone suggest why I am getting this error?

Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic 5, Win '95 and 16 bit DLL calls

2. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

3. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

4. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

5. Can VB4.0 32 Bit call a 16 bit DLL

6. 16 bit api call for getting userid from Win 95

7. Win 95 registry calls from 16 bit Visual Basic 4.0

8. 16 bit VB4 Setup Wizard under Win 95?

9. Win 95 VB4 16 BIT GPF Answer

10. Anyone seen this GPF (Win 95 VB4 16 bit)

11. VB4.0a 16 Bit Applications and Win 95 Screen Size

12. Creating 16 bit vb4.0 app under '95 will not run under win 3.1