Add-in Manager Problem Under NT
Author Message
 Add-in Manager Problem Under NT

I just recently installed VB 6.0 under Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 5).  The
problem I am experiencing is that when I open the add-in manager panel, the
list of available add-ins is empty unless I log in as administrator (which
is the login I used to install the compiler).

Logically, this apprears to be a security issue but I cannot find any
references on how to fix this on MSDN CD that came with my copy of the
visual studio or on Microsoft's web site.  Does anyone know what I need to
do to fix this?

Thanks,
Mike

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Add-in Manager Problem Under NT
The following KB article talks about it
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q
190/2/12.asp

  "Michael Kilgore"

Quote:

> I just recently installed VB 6.0 under Windows

NT 4.0 (service pack 5).  The
Quote:
> problem I am experiencing is that when I open

the add-in manager panel, the
Quote:
> list of available add-ins is empty unless I log

in as administrator (which
Quote:
> is the login I used to install the compiler).

> Logically, this apprears to be a security issue

but I cannot find any
Quote:
> references on how to fix this on MSDN CD that

came with my copy of the
Quote:
> visual studio or on Microsoft's web site.  Does

anyone know what I need to

Quote:
> do to fix this?

> Thanks,
> Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Add-in Manager Problem Under NT
Following knowledgebase article provide the soln
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q
190/2/12.asp

  "Michael Kilgore"

Quote:

> I just recently installed VB 6.0 under Windows

NT 4.0 (service pack 5).  The
Quote:
> problem I am experiencing is that when I open

the add-in manager panel, the
Quote:
> list of available add-ins is empty unless I log

in as administrator (which
Quote:
> is the login I used to install the compiler).

> Logically, this apprears to be a security issue

but I cannot find any
Quote:
> references on how to fix this on MSDN CD that

came with my copy of the
Quote:
> visual studio or on Microsoft's web site.  Does

anyone know what I need to

Quote:
> do to fix this?

> Thanks,
> Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Add-in Manager Problem Under NT
Following KB article from Microsoft provides the
solution
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q
190/2/12.asp

  "Michael Kilgore"

Quote:

> I just recently installed VB 6.0 under Windows

NT 4.0 (service pack 5).  The
Quote:
> problem I am experiencing is that when I open

the add-in manager panel, the
Quote:
> list of available add-ins is empty unless I log

in as administrator (which
Quote:
> is the login I used to install the compiler).

> Logically, this apprears to be a security issue

but I cannot find any
Quote:
> references on how to fix this on MSDN CD that

came with my copy of the
Quote:
> visual studio or on Microsoft's web site.  Does

anyone know what I need to

Quote:
> do to fix this?

> Thanks,
> Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Add-in Manager Problem Under NT
Following KB article from Microsoft provides the
solution
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q
190/2/12.asp

  "Michael Kilgore"

Quote:

> I just recently installed VB 6.0 under Windows

NT 4.0 (service pack 5).  The
Quote:
> problem I am experiencing is that when I open

the add-in manager panel, the
Quote:
> list of available add-ins is empty unless I log

in as administrator (which
Quote:
> is the login I used to install the compiler).

> Logically, this apprears to be a security issue

but I cannot find any
Quote:
> references on how to fix this on MSDN CD that

came with my copy of the
Quote:
> visual studio or on Microsoft's web site.  Does

anyone know what I need to

Quote:
> do to fix this?

> Thanks,
> Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. NetFileEnum Lan Manager API (NT) problem

2. Outlook COM Add In problem: Outlook wouldn't exit from Process in Task Manager

3. Repost: Add-In Manager problem

4. Add-In manager problem

5. Add to Add-in manager

6. VB6 created add-in not showing up in VB5 AddIn Manager

7. Add-ins not listing in add-in manager

8. How do I get a VB5 AddIn DLL in the Addin Manager

9. Add-In Name in Add-In Manager

10. Adding field to the current source does'nt add source to FROM clause

11. Remote access to NT Service Manager

12. NT User Manager