Custom Control Not Registered!?!!?!?!
Author Message
 Custom Control Not Registered!?!!?!?!

Hello,

I have installed vb4 about 5 times and everytime I try to use the
WINSOCK.OCX file it says its not registered and It can not find info on the
ocx so, it wont let me use the ocx ..  I looked through my cd and
documentation and I cant find anything about registereing the ocx .. what
do i do???

Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Custom Control Not Registered!?!!?!?!

click on Start menu and then click Run
type in
regsvr32 c:\windows\system\winsock.ocx
that should do it if it was succesfull

Quote:

>Hello,

>I have installed vb4 about 5 times and everytime I try to use the
>WINSOCK.OCX file it says its not registered and It can not find info on the
>ocx so, it wont let me use the ocx ..  I looked through my cd and
>documentation and I cant find anything about registereing the ocx .. what
>do i do???

Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Custom Control Not Registered!?!!?!?!

I have VB4 Pro installed in 16bit mode.
There is no WINSOCK.OCX that comes with VB4.

Rgds
Timppa

Quote:

> Hello,

> I have installed vb4 about 5 times and everytime I try to use the
> WINSOCK.OCX file it says its not registered and It can not find info on
the
> ocx so, it wont let me use the ocx ..  I looked through my cd and
> documentation and I cant find anything about registereing the ocx .. what
> do i do???

Tue, 29 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Custom Control Not Registered!?!!?!?!

You must register new OCX's you get by copying the OCX to
\windows\system ( or wherever you prefer to keep the file )
and at a ms-dos prompt enter 'regsvr32 winsock.ocx' .
You can also uninstall an OCX by adding '/u' at the end
of this command.   Once registered, start VB4, select
'Tools', 'Custom Controls', and put a check next to the
control you added, in this case, winsock.  Your program
can then use the ocx or control.

Quote:

>> I have installed vb4 about 5 times and everytime I try to use the
>> WINSOCK.OCX file it says its not registered and It can not find info on
>the
>> ocx so, it wont let me use the ocx ..  I looked through my cd and
>> documentation and I cant find anything about registereing the ocx .. what
>> do i do???

-Paul

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Custom Design Dialogue in COMCTL32.ocx items not registered

2. Cannot load (or register) custom control ...

3. Error 367 Can't Load(register) custom Control Threed32.ocx

4. Problem Registering Custom Control on Distribution Machine

5. Can't load or register a custom control error

6. Can't load (or register) custom control

7. HELP! Problem with registering custom control

8. HELP needed registering DLLs + Custom Controls in an VB4 add-in

9. can't load (or register) Custom Control PDQComm16.OCX

10. Cannot load (or register) custom control ...

11. Registering VBX Custom Control Help...

12. Can't Load (or Register) Custom Control MHCM200.VBX