vb bug with TitleBar behavior?
Author Message
 vb bug with TitleBar behavior?

I've encountered what *I* think is a bug, but the guys at MSDN won't
confirm it. I'm hoping y'all may be able to either confirm the bugginess
for me (in which case I'll accept that I have to devise a workaround),
or better, y'all will be able to tell me what I can do to avoid the
problem. (In other words, whatever it is I'm doing wrong.) I'm designing
the project on a machine running Win95. I'm using VB4.0 Pro, for 16-bit
development. The target for my app is Win 3.1.

Here's the problem:
I have a form with a title bar. The form's properties include:

BorderStyle - 1 (fixed single)
ControlBox - False
MaxButton - False
MinButton - False
WindowState - Maximized

I want a titlebar to be visible. I want the form to fill the screen, and
I do not want the user to be able to resize the form. Currently, with
the settings above, when the form appears, there is a close button at
the top-right, but it is disabled (Fine). There is no Max, Min, or
control button (Fine). If you double-click on the titlebar, the form
shrinks down to a Restored size. The form is not resizable, so you
cannot restore it to full-screen. Double-clicking on the titlebar again
does nothing.

How can I provide a full-size, non-resizable form with a titlebar?

TIA,
Steve
--

                        http://www.*-*-*.com/

The molecules of your body are the same molecules that burn inside the
stars themselves. We are starstuff, we are the universe, made manifest,
trying to figure itself out. - Ambassador Delenn : Babylon 5

Mon, 03 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 vb bug with TitleBar behavior?

It was on Thu, 14 Nov 1996 14:46:28 -0600, that Steve Jacobs

thoughtful reflections:

Quote:
>!<I've encountered what *I* think is a bug, but the guys at MSDN won't
>!<confirm it. I'm hoping y'all may be able to either confirm the bugginess
>!<for me (in which case I'll accept that I have to devise a workaround),
>!<or better, y'all will be able to tell me what I can do to avoid the
>!<problem. (In other words, whatever it is I'm doing wrong.) I'm designing
>!<the project on a machine running Win95. I'm using VB4.0 Pro, for 16-bit
>!<development. The target for my app is Win 3.1.
>!<Here's the problem:
>!<I have a form with a title bar. The form's properties include:
>!<BorderStyle - 1 (fixed single)
>!<ControlBox - False
>!<MaxButton - False
>!<MinButton - False
>!<WindowState - Maximized
>!<I want a titlebar to be visible. I want the form to fill the screen, and
>!<I do not want the user to be able to resize the form. Currently, with
>!<the settings above, when the form appears, there is a close button at
>!<the top-right, but it is disabled (Fine). There is no Max, Min, or
>!<control button (Fine). If you double-click on the titlebar, the form
>!<shrinks down to a Restored size. The form is not resizable, so you
>!<cannot restore it to full-screen. Double-clicking on the titlebar again
>!<does nothing.
>!<How can I provide a full-size, non-resizable form with a titlebar?
>!<TIA,
>!<Steve
>!<--

>!<                       http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SteveJacobs
>!<The molecules of your body are the same molecules that burn inside the
>!<stars themselves. We are starstuff, we are the universe, made manifest,
>!<trying to figure itself out. - Ambassador Delenn : Babylon 5

You can simulate the TitleBar with a Label. And this easily solves all problems
in your case.

Wed, 05 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 vb bug with TitleBar behavior?

You could also try the following in the form load event

Width = Screen.Width
Height = Screen.Height
Top = 0
Left = 0

Regards

stu

Quote:
> It was on Thu, 14 Nov 1996 14:46:28 -0600, that Steve Jacobs

and
> thoughtful reflections:

> >!<I've encountered what *I* think is a bug, but the guys at MSDN won't
> >!<confirm it. I'm hoping y'all may be able to either confirm the
bugginess
> >!<for me (in which case I'll accept that I have to devise a workaround),
> >!<or better, y'all will be able to tell me what I can do to avoid the
> >!<problem. (In other words, whatever it is I'm doing wrong.) I'm
designing
> >!<the project on a machine running Win95. I'm using VB4.0 Pro, for
16-bit
> >!<development. The target for my app is Win 3.1.

> >!<Here's the problem:
> >!<I have a form with a title bar. The form's properties include:

> >!<BorderStyle - 1 (fixed single)
> >!<ControlBox - False
> >!<MaxButton - False
> >!<MinButton - False
> >!<WindowState - Maximized

Mon, 10 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Stange String Behavior - Bug or Bugged ?

2. Project98 OLE & VB: bugs, bugs, bugs

3. Is it bug or an intended behavior?

4. Is it bug or the intended behavior...

5. weird dataview behavior or a possible bug

6. MS Jet 4.0 - bug or behavior by design?

7. ActiveX Control.Count bug, or wierd behavior

8. Listview strange behavior (bug?)

9. ListView: Strange Behavior...not really a bug though.

10. MS Jet 4.0 - bug or behavior by design?

11. Strange Access behavior - bug?

12. Strange behavior of recordset FieldChangeComplete Event - a bug?