stopping the registry from deleting an entry in the RunOnce key
Author Message
 stopping the registry from deleting an entry in the RunOnce key

I was wondering if there is a way to keep the windows 95 registry from
deleting a command from it once it has executed it. This is a real pain.
This key works great for executing an application before windows loads
(ie: security application).

But once the application runs, the next time I start windows 95 it does
not run because the value has been deleted.

Is there a way to stop this from happening..
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 stopping the registry from deleting an entry in the RunOnce key

I was wondering if there is a way to keep the windows 95 registry from
deleting a command from it once it has executed it. This is a real pain.
This key works great for executing an application before windows loads
(ie: security application).

But once the application runs, the next time I start windows 95 it does
not run because the value has been deleted.

Is there a way to stop this from happening..
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 stopping the registry from deleting an entry in the RunOnce key

You should be able to use the Run key instead of the RunOnce key. According
to MSDN they both work the same except that the RunOnce is cleared after
execution.

--

Ross Products Division - Abbott Laboratories

Quote:
> I was wondering if there is a way to keep the windows 95 registry from
> deleting a command from it once it has executed it. This is a real pain.
> This key works great for executing an application before windows loads
> (ie: security application).

> But once the application runs, the next time I start windows 95 it does
> not run because the value has been deleted.

> Is there a way to stop this from happening..
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Mon, 07 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Script started from runonce key cannot load runonce key

2. RunOnce registry key

3. Changing the Registry RunOnce Key

4. Deleting RunOnce key and value

5. Deleting Registry key and sub-keys?

6. How to delete an entry in the registry?

7. Deleting a registry entry

8. Help to remove ActiveX dll registry key entries

9. How to delete OCX files and associated registry entries

10. registry key entry for running a program as admin

11. how to write/delete entries in the registry.

12. Changing the (Default) Entry in a Registry Key