Problems using SQL and MDX-Index
Author Message
 Problems using SQL and MDX-Index

## Nachricht vom 02.11.96 weitergeleitet
## Ursprung : /COMP/LANG/BASIC/VISUAL/DATABASE

Hi,

I have VB4/16 and I use a dBase IV DBF and MDX file.
The name of the DBF is "adress.dbf" and there is an index on the field "name".

I have a strange problem:

If I use the following SQL-statements, everything is ok:

select name from adress where name like "SCHWENK*"
select name from adress where name like "SCHWEN*"
select name from adress where name like "SCH*"
select name from adress where name like "SC*"
select name from adress where name like "S*"

But, if I use:
select name from adress where name like "SCHW*" no record is found !

This happens with other indexed-fields, too.

When I do not use the MDX-File, it takes much longer to find the records,
but I don't have the above problem.

Why does this happen ?
Please, if you have any ideas let me know via email, it is very urgent and
I have problems subscribing this newsgroup.

T I A
heinz

Heinz Wieczorek   74226 Nordheim   Germany

Out-of-coffee-error at 2 am. System halted.
## CrossPoint v3.02 R ##

Thu, 22 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems using SQL and MDX-Index

2. *** .MDX Indexes used with SQL queries ***

3. Using dBase files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

4. using DBASE-files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

5. dBASE Index files .MDX usage in VB

6. Accessing existing dBase 5.0 Index files(mdx)

7. Using dbase MDX Files in VB Apps w/DAO

8. Create Index using SQL in Access 2000 Table

9. Is SQL clever with using indexes?

10. Create Index using SQL in Access 2000 Table

11. Create Index using SQL in Access 2000 Table

12. ADO 2.7 and SQL Index problem with supported Recordsets