Print PicBox pixel by pixel?
Author Message
 Print PicBox pixel by pixel?

I tried the DrawPic example procedure in VB 3.0 Pro that reads the picbox
pixel by pixel and sends it to the Printer Object using Printer.Line
method. It worked OK for a small bitmap (1 of VB's toolbar bitmap
samples) but when I put a somewhat larger bitmap in the picbox it hangs
with Illegal Function Call pointing to the return value of Picture1.Point,
 then VB hangs and I have to reboot. Does anyone have an idea why one
bitmap works and not another?
Thanks for any help, tired of rebooting!

Sun, 07 Sep 1997 08:30:40 GMT
 Print PicBox pixel by pixel?
: I tried the DrawPic example procedure in VB 3.0 Pro that reads the picbox
: pixel by pixel and sends it to the Printer Object using Printer.Line
: method. It worked OK for a small bitmap (1 of VB's toolbar bitmap
: samples) but when I put a somewhat larger bitmap in the picbox it hangs
: with Illegal Function Call pointing to the return value of Picture1.Point,

Article 113333 in Knowledge Basic explains how to print the contents of a
picture box. It uses StretchDIBits, which is a lot faster than printing
pixel by pixel.
Hope this will help.

--
Fabio Cereda

Mon, 08 Sep 1997 02:22:46 GMT

1. PIXELS, PIXELS, PIXELS

2. Pixel by Pixel Scrolling in QBasic

3. Rotate one pixel around another pixel...

4. BMP output mapping BMP-pixel to printer-pixel 1:1

5. How to change True color pixel to 256 color pixel, @Thanks

6. full screen graphics, pixel by pixel control

7. Inch to Pixel conversion for On Print on reports

8. How to print at (x,y) pixel loca.....

9. How to print at (X,Y) pixel location

10. How do I paint pictures, pixel by pixel, faster than this ?

11. anybody got bitmap format file..., i try to read pixel by pixel...

12. Bitmaps pixel by pixel is S..O.. S..L..O..W.... !Help needed