Detect "Large Fonts" ?
Author Message
 Detect "Large Fonts" ?

Does anyone know how to tell if a user's display has the "large fonts"
property
selected? Using Fonts.Size in VB doesn't reflect this, but just gives the
font
size as specified in the  properties.
The problem comes up because I have an application that has an 800 x 600
form,
and it checks to see if the users screen is that big or bigger. But if
Large Fonts
is set the screen behaves asthough it is smaller, so some of the form gets
cutoff
despite a screen size of 800 x 600.
Thanks for any help.

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Detect "Large Fonts" ?

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to tell if a user's display has the "large fonts"
> property selected?

Use the Screen.TwipsPerPixelX property.  It returns a value of 15 for
small fonts and 12 for large fonts.

If dealing with font size is an issue, you might also wish to be aware
that Windows now supports more than just small & large fonts.  Users can
select a custom font size from 20-500% of the normal font size (small
fonts is the normal size (100%); large fonts is 125% of the normal size).

--

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Detect "Large Fonts" ?

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to tell if a user's display has the "large fonts"
>property

<cut>

Check the Screen.TwipsPerPixelX and/or .TwipsPerPixelY as they change from
15 to 12 when moving from normal to large fonts.  Other values may appear if
custom font sizes are used.  It's an indirect test, but the only one I've
found to be reliabke from VB.

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. detecting "Large Fonts"

2. Help, please ("Large Fonts" problem)

3. "Large fonts" problem

4. "Small Fonts" and "Large Fonts"

5. Can anyone help Detecting Large Fonts/Small Fonts

6. Detect small fonts vs. large fonts

7. Detecting "Alt"+"Ctrl"+"Del" Key press

8. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

9. Printing "Tiles" of Large Sheets

10. Form larger than "Form"

11. Form larger than "Form"

12. How to Set Font, then "TypeText"...?