VB3 Setup Wizard problems - appreciate some help
Author Message
 VB3 Setup Wizard problems - appreciate some help

VB3.00 on Win 98

Hi,

I use Set Up Wizard (SUW) to make a set of setup disks. When my
application is being installed the setup program comes up with a
couple of messages that are puzzling to me, I would appreciate some
assistance or explanation if anyone has the time.

The messages are related to DLL's that are already in use by the
computer, namely DDEML.DL_ and MMSYSTEM.DL_.

Perhaps DDEML.DL_ is installed for use by the Setup program itself as
it is not in the list of files selected during the SUW process -
unlike MMSYSTEM.DL_ which is automatically included in the list by
SUW.

It's a bit of a worry and I would appreciate your thoughts on this -
or even a more suitable setup program.

TIA

Regards,

Frank White
-------------------------------------

Frank White

-------------------------------------

Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB3 Setup Wizard problems - appreciate some help
Make a template file (.VBZ) and use this file in the future.
(Use notepad.)

THere's a little piece in it wich generates (does not copy) the error, in
the early days i include commdlg.dll (DON'T DO THIS!)
and is allways in use, i skipped on this file and did not generate any
error.
It's a bit messy in there but we still use this setup and made it a bit more
custom to us.
We never use the wizard but edit a previous setup.

DDE is also available on Win311 i think, this is easy to test, if progman is
capable to create your group and icons, it does support DDE.

Quote:

>VB3.00 on Win 98

>Hi,

>I use Set Up Wizard (SUW) to make a set of setup disks. When my
>application is being installed the setup program comes up with a
>couple of messages that are puzzling to me, I would appreciate some
>assistance or explanation if anyone has the time.

>The messages are related to DLL's that are already in use by the
>computer, namely DDEML.DL_ and MMSYSTEM.DL_.

>Perhaps DDEML.DL_ is installed for use by the Setup program itself as
>it is not in the list of files selected during the SUW process -
>unlike MMSYSTEM.DL_ which is automatically included in the list by
>SUW.

>It's a bit of a worry and I would appreciate your thoughts on this -
>or even a more suitable setup program.

>TIA

>Regards,

>Frank White
>-------------------------------------

>Frank White

>-------------------------------------

Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with Setup Wizard in VB3

2. Please help---can't get vb3 setup wizard to create subdirectories

3. vb3.0 setup wizard help

4. After VB4.0, VB3 Setup Wizard does not work...HELP

5. Seeking Help on VB3's Setup Wizard under Win 95

6. VB4 Setup Wizard problems - please help

7. Someone help PLEASE! - Application Setup Wizard Problem

8. Setup Wizard and VB3 Pro

9. VB3 - Win 95 - Setup Wizard

10. Setup Wizard (VB3.0 Pro)

11. VB3 Setup Wizard under Win95?

12. HELP: 16-bits VB4 Setup Wizard problem