VB.Net and DirectX 8.1?
Author Message
 VB.Net and DirectX 8.1?

Is VB.Net compatible with the DirectX 8.1 VB SDK?

Thanks.

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:03:37 GMT
 VB.Net and DirectX 8.1?

Quote:
> Is VB.Net compatible with the DirectX 8.1 VB SDK?

Yes, with a lot of work.  As I understand this, you pretty much have to
create the wrappers yourself, apparently DX8 uses some constructs in the
typelibray that make tlbimp not work wonderfully well.  I have heard of a
couple of people that have done wrappers, but I don't remember of the top of
my head who - maybe a web search would reveal this to you.  Never fear
though, DX9 is supposed to come with native .NET support.

Tom Shelton

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:46:55 GMT
 VB.Net and DirectX 8.1?
Thanks.

Any word on when DX9 will hit the streets?

Will there be a specific SDK for VB.Net?

Quote:

>> Is VB.Net compatible with the DirectX 8.1 VB SDK?

>Yes, with a lot of work.  As I understand this, you pretty much have to
>create the wrappers yourself, apparently DX8 uses some constructs in the
>typelibray that make tlbimp not work wonderfully well.  I have heard of a
>couple of people that have done wrappers, but I don't remember of the top of
>my head who - maybe a web search would reveal this to you.  Never fear
>though, DX9 is supposed to come with native .NET support.

>Tom Shelton

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:11:18 GMT

1. VB.NET and DirectX 8.1

2. VB Objects DirectX 8.1 and video codecs

3. chat program using vb and directx 8.1

4. Last Msg Re: SW FFB -- DirectX 8.1 (sorry)

5. directx 8.1

6. DirectX 8.1 problem

7. Help Help directx 8.1

8. Cant install directx 8.1