Can't run a problem coded in vb4.0 when complied in vb5.0
Author Message
 Can't run a problem coded in vb4.0 when complied in vb5.0

The program run fine on the machine that has vb loaded on it.
When I take the exe to another machine and try to run, it tells me that the
DLL msvbvm50 is missing. So I copied the missing DLL to the system
directory then when I try to run I get a error message that the class isn't
registered!

Anyone knows what I can do to get this to work?

Thanks inadvance.

Eddie Chavez

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't run a problem coded in vb4.0 when complied in vb5.0

Quote:

> The program run fine on the machine that has vb loaded on it.
> When I take the exe to another machine and try to run, it tells me that the
> DLL msvbvm50 is missing. So I copied the missing DLL to the system
> directory then when I try to run I get a error message that the class isn't
> registered!
> Anyone knows what I can do to get this to work?
> Thanks inadvance.
> Eddie Chavez

MSVBVM50.DLL must really be an in-process OLE server, but who
knows what else it depends on. You'll probably have to use Setup
Wizard create an installation for you. Be sure to have plenty of
floppies on hand, unless both machines are on a LAN!

Wed, 15 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem w/complied code

2. Problem w/complied code

3. Problem w/complied code

4. VB5 vs VB4 - example program in help doesn't run

5. 'Canned' data in VB program

6. vb4 code won't work in vb5

7. SERIOUS PROBLEM RUNNING VB4 PROGRAMS IN VB5

8. VB5 problem with enabling and disabling combo's when running exe

9. Crystal Reports Canned Code

10. Native Code vs P-Code run differently (VB5.0 SP3)

11. VB4.0 EXE's won't run

12. VB4.0 Run-time error '524'.