How Do I do this
Author Message
 How Do I do this

Hi All,

I am having a mental bblank here.  So i'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have a Sub Routine that calculates teh total of computer parts.

In this sub routine I need to get info from a combo box and calculate the
price for the components depending on the type of part it is.

Eg:  Edo RAM or SD RAM. (In the form of radio buttons)

The combo box has a choice of 16, 32 , 63 etWhat is the best way to do it???

Thanks heaps

Scott

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:23:29 GMT
 How Do I do this

Quote:
>Hi All,

>I am having a mental bblank here.  So i'm hoping someone can help me out.

.. and a sssstutter. ;-)

Quote:
>I have a Sub Routine that calculates teh total of computer parts.

>In this sub routine I need to get info from a combo box and calculate the
>price for the components depending on the type of part it is.

>Eg:  Edo RAM or SD RAM. (In the form of radio buttons)

>The combo box has a choice of 16, 32 , 63 etWhat is the best way to do it???

It depends on how you want to do the pricing.
If the pricing is done per Megs. It's a matter of multiplying the
number in the combo with the base price of EDO or SD.
ie:
if optRamType(0).Value = 0 Then
        ramBase = 5 ' per meg
        else
                ramBase = 8  'per meg
End If
Price = ramBase * val(cmbRamAmount.Text)

Unfortunately in the real world it's not that simple, as RAM modules
don't tend to follow linear pricing.  So if a 32M is 50 bucks a 64M
may be 90,  a 128M might be 125 and so on.

Perhaps, if you give us an example of how       the stock and prices are
stored ?

Regards, Frank

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:08:52 GMT
 How Do I do this
Hi  Frank.

That answered my question.  I knew it was something simple.  Yes my fingers
do have the stutters today(And most every other day when I ma thinking at a
million miles an hour)

thanks very much.

Scott

Quote:

> >Hi All,

> >I am having a mental bblank here.  So i'm hoping someone can help me out.

> .. and a sssstutter. ;-)

> >I have a Sub Routine that calculates teh total of computer parts.

> >In this sub routine I need to get info from a combo box and calculate the
> >price for the components depending on the type of part it is.

> >Eg:  Edo RAM or SD RAM. (In the form of radio buttons)

> >The combo box has a choice of 16, 32 , 63 etWhat is the best way to do
it???

> It depends on how you want to do the pricing.
> If the pricing is done per Megs. It's a matter of multiplying the
> number in the combo with the base price of EDO or SD.
> ie:
> if optRamType(0).Value = 0 Then
> ramBase = 5 ' per meg
> else
> ramBase = 8  'per meg
> End If
> Price = ramBase * val(cmbRamAmount.Text)

> Unfortunately in the real world it's not that simple, as RAM modules
> don't tend to follow linear pricing.  So if a 32M is 50 bucks a 64M
> may be 90,  a 128M might be 125 and so on.

> Perhaps, if you give us an example of how the stock and prices are
> stored ?

> Regards, Frank

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:27:28 GMT
 How Do I do this
test

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I am having a mental bblank here.  So i'm hoping someone can help me out.

> I have a Sub Routine that calculates teh total of computer parts.

> In this sub routine I need to get info from a combo box and calculate the
> price for the components depending on the type of part it is.

> Eg:  Edo RAM or SD RAM. (In the form of radio buttons)

> The combo box has a choice of 16, 32 , 63 etWhat is the best way to do
it???

> Thanks heaps

> Scott

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 07:30:06 GMT

2. Virtual volumes with VB5 - can it be done? How can it be done?

3. Help, can this be done with VB

4. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

5. What am I doing wrong??

6. Run-time Error 3027 when doing AcExportMerge

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. Help with syntax. What am I doing wrong

9. What am I doing wrong?

10. Eliminating duplicate memo fields must be done !!!

11. What am I doing wrong?

12. Moving code from VBA to VB. Easily Done?