VB 5.0 - Windows protection error after install
Author Message
 VB 5.0 - Windows protection error after install

On rebooting after installing VB 5.0, I get a Windows protection error and
cannot go further.  I can boot to DOS but cannot get to the splash screen.
Restoring the registry 'fixes' the problem but of course VB is then not
registered.

This has happened on 2 new machines-one name brand, one clone.

The identifiable common items are:Pentium II, 300mhz, 64mb ram, FAT32
partitions, Windows 95.

Any ideas?

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 - Windows protection error after install

PS: Installing VB4 after this worked just fine.  Also, both of these are the
Enterprise Editions.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Install Shield 5.0 with VB 5.0 App

2. OCX Errors on installing of a vb program in Windows 95

3. Windows Protection Error #14 when unloading VB4

4. Windows Protection Error # 06

5. Windows Protection Error #14 when exiting VB4

6. Problem with VB 5.0 apps after VB 6.0 install

7. installing vb program in Windows NT, Windows 2000

8. Question regarding OLE linking error in VB 5.0 and Crystal Reports 5.0

9. Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 Error

10. Bare bones VB 5.0 Install

11. VB 5.0 Install problem

12. error installing software developed using VB6 onto a Windows 2000 system