VB 5.0 phone dialing - HELP
Author Message
 VB 5.0 phone dialing - HELP

Hi,

I have developed a phone book for personal use.  I am trying to
incorporate a feature to dial the phone numbers with a click of a button.
Please give me the source code and example on how to dial a number that is
displayed on a text box.  Do I need to format the phone number in a
special format (eg: (000) 000-0000, 000-000-0000).

I highly appreciate your help.

Rehan

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 phone dialing - HELP
First you must open the comport and then:
Com.Output = "ATDT" + Phonenr$ + Chr(13)

That should do the trick

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 phone dialing - HELP

Quote:
> I have developed a phone book for personal use.  I am trying to
> incorporate a feature to dial the phone numbers with a click of a button.
> Please give me the source code and example on how to dial a number that
is
> displayed on a text box.  Do I need to format the phone number in a
> special format (eg: (000) 000-0000, 000-000-0000).

There's a fully-functioning example on your VB5 CD (or installation
folder): samples/comptool/dialer.

Otser.

--
Visit http://members.tripod.com/~bowlay/ for:
- Quake2 Tutorial Demos (Watch-And-Learn)

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5.0 phone dialing - help

2. Question about dialing a phone from VB

3. HELP ME ON DIAL UPING A PHONE #

4. how do I get VB to dial a phone

5. Dial Phone w/ VB - I should know this!

6. Help with Phone dial

7. VB 5.0 Dial-Up Networking

8. Using VB 5.0 to develop a PPP dial-up

9. How to get Access 97 to Dial the phone via code

10. dialing a phone with mscomm32.ocx

11. How can I dial a phone number?

12. dialing phone numbers troght modem