Crystal Reports 3.0 and datetime fields 
Author Message
 Crystal Reports 3.0 and datetime fields

I am constructing a report from a SQL Server 6.5 database using Crystal
Reports 3.0.  When I insert a datetime field from the database onto the
report, the field becomes a date field.  Also, I see no functions to extract a
time from a datetime field.  Even when I browse the data, the data appears as
date only.

What I really want is to extract that one database field into two report
fields (one being the date, and one being the time).

How do I do this?

I appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Steve Probst                              



Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Crystal Reports 3.0 and datetime fields

Quote:

>I am constructing a report from a SQL Server 6.5 database using Crystal
>Reports 3.0.  When I insert a datetime field from the database onto the
>report, the field becomes a date field.  Also, I see no functions to extract a
>time from a datetime field.  Even when I browse the data, the data appears as
>date only.

there is a work around for this in CRW's knowledgebase
-------------------------------------------------------------

 http://home.rica.net/wmingee      


Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Crystal Reports 3.0 and datetime fields



Quote:
>I am constructing a report from a SQL Server 6.5 database using Crystal
>Reports 3.0.  When I insert a datetime field from the database onto the
>report, the field becomes a date field.  Also, I see no functions to extract a
>time from a datetime field.

There are none

Quote:
>Even when I browse the data, the data appears as date only.

>What I really want is to extract that one database field into two report
>fields (one being the date, and one being the time).

>How do I do this?

Well, I had the same problem. AFAIK it is NOT possible to this in
Crystal 3.0. I reverted to changing the time field to 2 string, byte
or whatever fields containing the hour and minutes. I suspect that
later versions of Crystal can do what you want it do. So bring out the
wallet or change your DB....

Cheers,
Michiel Magnee

Quote:

>I appreciate any help.
>Thanks,
>Steve Probst                              



Mon, 22 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Crystal Reports 3.0 and datetime fields

In Crystal Reports menu bar click on file, Options.

Now select the Reporting tab and make sure that the option

                  Convert Date-Time field to Date

is not checked. This will return both the date and time from your table.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

writes

Quote:
>I am constructing a report from a SQL Server 6.5 database using Crystal
>Reports 3.0.  When I insert a datetime field from the database onto the
>report, the field becomes a date field.  Also, I see no functions to extract a
>time from a datetime field.  Even when I browse the data, the data appears as
>date only.

>What I really want is to extract that one database field into two report
>fields (one being the date, and one being the time).

>How do I do this?

>I appreciate any help.
>Thanks,
>Steve Probst                              

--
Geoff Parkin

Turnpike evaluation. For information, see http://www.turnpike.com/



Mon, 22 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Crystal Reports 3.0 and datetime fields

CR has a tech note on their web site explain all the hoops you have to jump
through to display time.  http://www.crystalinc.com/  

Jeff Ziegler
Ziegler Solutions



Quote:


> >I am constructing a report from a SQL Server 6.5 database using Crystal
> >Reports 3.0.  When I insert a datetime field from the database onto the
> >report, the field becomes a date field.  Also, I see no functions to
extract a
> >time from a datetime field.
> There are none

> >Even when I browse the data, the data appears as date only.

> >What I really want is to extract that one database field into two report
> >fields (one being the date, and one being the time).

> >How do I do this?
> Well, I had the same problem. AFAIK it is NOT possible to this in
> Crystal 3.0. I reverted to changing the time field to 2 string, byte
> or whatever fields containing the hour and minutes. I suspect that
> later versions of Crystal can do what you want it do. So bring out the
> wallet or change your DB....

> Cheers,
> Michiel Magnee

> >I appreciate any help.
> >Thanks,
> >Steve Probst                              



Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Crystal reports not returning time from Sybase datetime fields

2. How to display SQL Server Datetime field in Crystal Report

3. VS.NET 2003 - DateTime field only showing up as Date in Crystal

4. Bound Report in Crystal Reports 3.1 pro/VB 3.0

5. Correct way to pass a datetime parameter to a crystal report

6. Crystal Reports 6: DateTime problem

7. Crystal Report Problem - DateTime Values Display

8. Fields in datetime format are not displayed on the report

9. Formula field to table field name (Crystal Reports 8)

10. Crystal Reports Professional 7- Memo fields will not appear on report

11. Making Crystal Reports display memo fields without messing up other parts of the report

12. Using Crystal Reports 8.5 to Report Fields From Public Contacts Folder on Exchange 5.5 Server

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software