Calling COM crashes VB6
Author Message
 Calling COM crashes VB6

I have a VC COM dll that was created in house that I am trying to use from a
VB ActiveX project.  I add the COM dll in as a reference, and am able to
create an instance of the object in the VB project, but as soon as I attempt
to use one of the functions (the function takes the Variant type in order to
be compatible) VB6.exe crashes, with an imvalid memory access.  I am running
VB6 with SP2.  Thanks in advance.

david

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling COM crashes VB6
Quote:

> I have a VC COM dll that was created in house that I am trying to use from a
> VB ActiveX project.  I add the COM dll in as a reference, and am able to
> create an instance of the object in the VB project, but as soon as I attempt
> to use one of the functions (the function takes the Variant type in order to
> be compatible) VB6.exe crashes, with an imvalid memory access.  I am running
> VB6 with SP2.  Thanks in advance.

> david

Any possibility that the reference count of your VC COM object is
going to zero (and therefore the object is destroyed) prior to
the method call? Of course you could test this by putting a break
point inside the destructor of your VC COM object. Otherwise, I
would have to see the code...

Burns Boaz

Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. calling Session.Contents.Remove in VB COM = crash!!

2. VB6.EXE crash calling Help

3. Calling CoInitialize( ) in a new thread crashes vb6 application

4. Dirt Simple OCX Created in VB6 crashes when I call empty method in BCB4

5. Type mismatch when calling VB6 COM objects from VB.NET

6. Calling VB7 Com Object from VB6

7. Calling a COM-Object in VB6/SP3

8. Forms in COM Component behave differently when called from VB6 or VC++6 Apps

9. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

10. one COM call another COM situation

11. COM DLL calling external non-COM DLL problem.

12. Call to Java COM inside VB COM