Software Handshaking
Author Message
 Software Handshaking

My question:

How is it determined that a serial device is ready to receive data using
MSComm, VB5 (SP3) and XonXoff Handshaking? Hardware Handshaking has been no
problem for me, but Software Handshaking seems to want to send regardless of
whether the device is connected, ready or not ready.

So...what property or method do I use to detect the readiness state of the
receiving device?

TIA

Doug M.

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Serial Port Handshaking

2. Handshaking With Serial Ports In Mac QuickBASIC

3. Help needed for RS232 ENQ/ACK handshaking

4. HOW to handshaking two modem's

5. help - how do I implement XonXoff Handshaking with MSComm

6. MSComm handshaking?

7. Q: MS Internet Control Pack - TCP Handshaking

8. Handshaking and MSCOMM.VBX

9. MSComm handshaking trouble

10. Can MSCOMM32 handle RTS handshaking at 115K ???

11. MSCOMM handshaking problem!

12. Hardware Handshaking Slow to respond