Debugging Code Window and Form Window Simultaneously
Author Message
 Debugging Code Window and Form Window Simultaneously

I am new to VB6 but familiar with other versions.  When developing a
new form, I like to tag several breakpoints in the load procedure.
Then I run the code and it stops at each breakpoint.  I would like to
see what has visibly happened to the form at each breakpoint and also
be able to step through the code and see everything that happens on
the form.  But I  have not been able to figure out how to have both
the code window and the form window both visible at the same time.

If I put a "show" command in the load code I can find the form in a
minimized state and maximize it to see what has been done so far.
However if I step with f8, the form window minimizes again.  How can I
see both the code window and the form window at the same time and
watch everything that happens as I step through the code?

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging Code Window and Form Window Simultaneously
Just resize the IDE main form to a point where you can view both the code
and the Form.
The IDE only needs to be a few inches high.  The code will scroll to the
break point that you set.
Quote:

> I am new to VB6 but familiar with other versions.  When developing a
> new form, I like to tag several breakpoints in the load procedure.
> Then I run the code and it stops at each breakpoint.  I would like to
> see what has visibly happened to the form at each breakpoint and also
> be able to step through the code and see everything that happens on
> the form.  But I  have not been able to figure out how to have both
> the code window and the form window both visible at the same time.

> If I put a "show" command in the load code I can find the form in a
> minimized state and maximize it to see what has been done so far.
> However if I step with f8, the form window minimizes again.  How can I
> see both the code window and the form window at the same time and
> watch everything that happens as I step through the code?

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. GPF running code in debug window

2. Debugging Windows Controls on a Web Form

3. Displaying a window form in another window form

4. Form Designer code / form design window not synched on FlexGrid control

5. VB6 - debug client + server VB apps simultaneously ?

6. Launch Windows form, from a Windows Service Application

7. ?Listing open child windows on a Window submenu on MDI form

8. Windows Keys to Mix/Max Form (window)

9. VB 6.0 windows form not displaying properly in windows server 2008

10. Windows NT Users form a Windows 95 / 98 Client

11. Windows forms designer automatically adds code that sets properties of custom controls

12. Web Form & Window.Open in Code Behind