Problem with viewing ActiveX documents (.VBD) on a client Windows station
Author Message
 Problem with viewing ActiveX documents (.VBD) on a client Windows station

Hi everybody !

I am writing ActiveX Documents with Visual Basic 5.0 and have problem to
bring them to the web. I use the Application Setup Wizard to create all the
necessary files to be placed on my web server (Microsoft Internet
Information Server : IIS). The problem is that only the workstation that
created the ActiveX Document is able to display it on its Internet Explorer
3.02. Other workstation's browsers (also IE 3.02) ask what they have to do
with the .VBD files. They don't recognize them...

Here are the facts :

        1.  In my web server wwwroot folder, I placed the following files (created
by
             the Application Setup Wizard) :
                my_doc.htm
                my_doc.cab
                my_doc.vbd
                msvbvm50.cab
                asycfilt.cab

        2.  From a workstation, I run Internet Explorer 3.02 (same problem with
             IE 4.0 Preview) and ask the server for the my_doc.htm file. The
             installation with the my_doc.cab file seems to be correctly done (no
             error messages).

        3.  The html page then loads the my_doc.vbd file but the Internet Explorer
             does not recognize the file format and ask what it has to do with it
             (Open with a application to be defined or save it to disk).

I have read some books, some articles on the net and followed line by line
what they all said. But I still can not manage to make it work properly...

I would greatly appreciate any clue or help to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance !

Nicolas DE MEYER                 Universite Catholique de Louvain

                                              Batiment Vinci
Tel:  +32 10 47 30 22 (direct)    Place du Levant 1
       +32 10 47 21 12                B-1348  Louvain-la-Neuve
Fax: +32 10 47 21 79               BELGIUM

Tue, 22 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document

2. Problem Viewing ActiveX Documents

3. Problem with ActiveX Document Viewed in Internet Explorer over HTTP:// Link

4. Activex document .vbd missing association

5. Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0

6. Can't download my first .VBD/.CAB ActiveX Document

7. VB5 ActiveX Documents (HTM vs VBD)

8. Missing ActiveX Document (*.vbd) when packaging and deploying

9. Can't run VBD files (ActiveX document) in IE

10. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

11. How to set the ActiveX EXE Document (vbd) property in HTML (ASP) page

12. Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0