ChkList Boxes and long integer values
Author Message
 ChkList Boxes and long integer values

Donn,

I'm not familiar with CSChecklist, but if I understand (always
questionable), you can do an AND with a bit map the same as when using
GetSystemMetrics.

EG.

const itemOne = &H01&
If CSCheckList.Value AND itemOne Then blah

At least I think this works

Harry
=-=-=-=-=-=

Quote:

>Hi, I've set up an input screen using Quick Pak Pro's CSCheckList.
>Background on CSCheckList, "the long integer value of the control is the
>sum of the ItemValues of the selected check boxes. Each item within the
>frame represents a bit within the long integer value that is
>returned by the frame's Value property. Each item can be assigned a value
>representing any of the 31 available bits by assigning the ItemValue
>property a number representing a bit with the following formula:
>CSCheckList.ItemValue(Item) = 2 ^ BitPosition% " (Crescent Help doc).

>My Problem:  How do I breakup that long integer to get the values from it
>to display only the captions of those items selected from the input
>screen.  I know I could use the CSCheckList again, but it gets to long
>for a from output (since there is now way to set horizontal display.

Tue, 10 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. Help: converting long integer colour values to RGB

2. Conversion from string value to long integer.

3. Converting integers and long integers to byte arrays

4. Long = Integer * Integer Overflow error

5. Converting Long color value to RGB values

6. getting R G B values from a long value

7. Converting Long color value to RGB values

8. Date as long integer

9. Passing signed Long Integers to VB 6 From C++

10. Overflow exceptions when converting from Long to Integer?

11. routine to display long integer unsigned?

12. Long Integer Left Circular Shift