Auto start installing
Author Message
 Auto start installing

What can you do  to get your program to auto start installing when you put
the disc into the D Drive?

thanks

Larry

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto start installing
Put a autorun.ini file onto the CD.  I am not sure what that file needs in
it right off the top of my head, but I would grab a CD, put it in, then
right click on it and do open.  Then open the autorun.ini in a text editor
and you van figure it out from there.  You can even give the CD a custom
icon from there!

Brent

Quote:
> What can you do  to get your program to auto start installing when you put
> the disc into the D Drive?

> thanks

> Larry

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto start installing
simple autorun.inf:

[autorun]
OPEN=your_app
ICON=your_icon

Quote:
> Put a autorun.ini file onto the CD.  I am not sure what that file needs in
> it right off the top of my head, but I would grab a CD, put it in, then
> right click on it and do open.  Then open the autorun.ini in a text editor
> and you van figure it out from there.  You can even give the CD a custom
> icon from there!

> Brent

> > What can you do  to get your program to auto start installing when you
put
> > the disc into the D Drive?

> > thanks

> > Larry

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto start installing
Thanks, have checked what you all have said but being this is my first I
still don't quite understand?  Do you just make a file like this [autorun]
open=my-app in a text editor and then put the file on the cd along with the
app?

Thanks again

Larry

Quote:
> simple autorun.inf:

> [autorun]
> OPEN=your_app
> ICON=your_icon

> > Put a autorun.ini file onto the CD.  I am not sure what that file needs
in
> > it right off the top of my head, but I would grab a CD, put it in, then
> > right click on it and do open.  Then open the autorun.ini in a text
editor
> > and you van figure it out from there.  You can even give the CD a custom
> > icon from there!

> > Brent

> > > What can you do  to get your program to auto start installing when you
> put
> > > the disc into the D Drive?

> > > thanks

> > > Larry

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto start installing
Thanks, have checked what you all have said but being this is my first I
still don't quite understand?  Do you just make a file like this [autorun]
open=my-app in a text editor and then put the file on the cd along with the
app?

Thanks again

Larry

Quote:
> Put a autorun.ini file onto the CD.  I am not sure what that file needs in
> it right off the top of my head, but I would grab a CD, put it in, then
> right click on it and do open.  Then open the autorun.ini in a text editor
> and you van figure it out from there.  You can even give the CD a custom
> icon from there!

> Brent

> > What can you do  to get your program to auto start installing when you
put
> > the disc into the D Drive?

> > thanks

> > Larry

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto start installing
Yes - just that

But make sure VB has been setup on the users machine first - your EXE
needs 'run-time support modules'  -  also it may be using DLLs etc.

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000 06:24:21 -0500, "Larry Shiver"

Quote:

>Thanks, have checked what you all have said but being this is my first I
>still don't quite understand?  Do you just make a file like this [autorun]
>open=my-app in a text editor and then put the file on the cd along with the
>app?

>Thanks again

>Larry

>> Put a autorun.ini file onto the CD.  I am not sure what that file needs in
>> it right off the top of my head, but I would grab a CD, put it in, then
>> right click on it and do open.  Then open the autorun.ini in a text editor
>> and you van figure it out from there.  You can even give the CD a custom
>> icon from there!

>> Brent

>> > What can you do  to get your program to auto start installing when you
>put
>> > the disc into the D Drive?

>> > thanks

>> > Larry

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto start installing
OK, I think I see now.  I will use WiseInstaller to package my App.  So I
just put this file into the same folder that I have the EXE and it should
work if the users machine does not have VB.  Is the right?  I am thinking
the Installer will put the necessary run-time support and the DLLs so it
will work?

Larry

Quote:
> Yes - just that

> But make sure VB has been setup on the users machine first - your EXE
> needs 'run-time support modules'  -  also it may be using DLLs etc.

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2000 06:24:21 -0500, "Larry Shiver"

> >Thanks, have checked what you all have said but being this is my first I
> >still don't quite understand?  Do you just make a file like this
[autorun]
> >open=my-app in a text editor and then put the file on the cd along with
the
> >app?

> >Thanks again

> >Larry

> >> Put a autorun.ini file onto the CD.  I am not sure what that file needs
in
> >> it right off the top of my head, but I would grab a CD, put it in, then
> >> right click on it and do open.  Then open the autorun.ini in a text
editor
> >> and you van figure it out from there.  You can even give the CD a
custom
> >> icon from there!

> >> Brent

> >put

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto start installing
Should do

- but I prefer to use the PDW Setup system that comes with VB

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000 09:18:21 -0500, "Larry Shiver"

Quote:

>OK, I think I see now.  I will use WiseInstaller to package my App.  So I
>just put this file into the same folder that I have the EXE and it should
>work if the users machine does not have VB.  Is the right?  I am thinking
>the Installer will put the necessary run-time support and the DLLs so it
>will work?

>Larry

>> Yes - just that

>> But make sure VB has been setup on the users machine first - your EXE
>> needs 'run-time support modules'  -  also it may be using DLLs etc.

>> On Sun, 1 Oct 2000 06:24:21 -0500, "Larry Shiver"

>> >Thanks, have checked what you all have said but being this is my first I
>> >still don't quite understand?  Do you just make a file like this
>[autorun]
>> >open=my-app in a text editor and then put the file on the cd along with
>the
>> >app?

>> >Thanks again

>> >Larry

>in
>editor
>custom

>you
>> >put

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Auto Removal of installed App during re-install?

2. Auto start a file or a procedure

3. Auto start a macro in Word2K

4. Auto start

5. How to auto start a cab file packaged as an exe from script

6. Need midi sequencer code to auto start

7. auto-start computer

8. Auto Start Visual Basic program from Excel spreadsheet load

9. Auto Start - How?

10. Auto Load multiple forms on start up

11. auto start crystal report based on preset time

12. Help with auto open of file when VB program starts