HELP: Problem installing VB5.0
Author Message
 HELP: Problem installing VB5.0

Hi there,

        I have a very frustrating problem here in Win95. I've just got myself the
VB5.0 and just uninstall my VB4.0. Problem is now that when I install
VB5.0, an dialog box pop up with Illegal Operation- this program has...
something to do with the kernel32.dll, and must be aborted. This happens
when the setup program is updating my system files (all the files are
copied into my harddisk). Well, I hope I can do something with it or else I
need to format my HD.
        Any help is greatly appreciated.
--
'Fear of no one except ownself'=--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==
_______Davis Tan Kok Bing_______________________________________

_____________________ http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Problem installing VB5.0

Did you install the "Windows 95 Service Pack 1", which has the kernel32
update supposedly for LBM hard drives.  After I did, I continusly got
Illegal Operations caused by calls to the kernel32.  I couldn't even
start explorer or control panel with an error.  Microsoft said it was
due to my HD configuaration (different type PIO mode HD's: one is mode
4, another is mode 3, and the last one is mode 1).  I had to format c:
/u to eliminate the kernel32 and all it's components, because Win95
setup would not even allow to overwrite the new versions of kernel32 and
it's components.

Quote:

--

Andy

UU     UU          University of Cincinnati
UU     UU           Electrical Engineering
UU     UU               Class of 2000
UU     UU CCCCCC

  UUUUU CC
        CC
        CC
         CCCCCCC
          CCCCCC

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: VB5.0 + NT4.0 Install Problem

2. VB5 Install problem

3. Major Problem(VB5-SP3 installed)

4. VB5.0 Install problem

5. Problems installing - VB5 on Win 95 B

6. VB5 install problems.

7. VB5 Enterprise Install Problem

8. Installing VB5 problem

9. Major Problem(VB5-SP3 installed)