VBA-UserForms Path/File Access Error
Author Message
 VBA-UserForms Path/File Access Error

I have the following problem with both the Visual Basic Editor mode
and with the VBA macros mode, and I assume they are related.

In the Visual Basic Editor, I go through the following steps:
  1: Insert a new UserForm  (defaulted name is Userform1)
  2: Insert another new Userform (defaulted name is Userform2)
  3: In the Properties window, rename Userform1 to A.
  4: Rename Userform2 to B.
  5: Delete A
  6: Rename B to A.  this is what generates the Path/File Access Error.

for some reason, there is a registry entry or a table that is not being flushed
and the userform name "A" cannot be reused until I save the workbook or close
and reopen it.  Is there a simplier way around this problem?

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:51:16 GMT
 VBA-UserForms Path/File Access Error
Tony,

Tried this problem under Word rather Excel, since I'd presumed a similar
outcome.  I initially got the same reaction as you did.

I then clicked on another entry in the Project Explorer. Subsequently there
appears to be no further difficulty.  I presume action somehow refreshes the
project and gets things working OK again!

HTH,

        Rob.

Quote:
> I have the following problem with both the Visual Basic Editor mode
> and with the VBA macros mode, and I assume they are related.

> In the Visual Basic Editor, I go through the following steps:
>   1: Insert a new UserForm  (defaulted name is Userform1)
>   2: Insert another new Userform (defaulted name is Userform2)
>   3: In the Properties window, rename Userform1 to A.
>   4: Rename Userform2 to B.
>   5: Delete A
>   6: Rename B to A.  this is what generates the Path/File Access Error.

> for some reason, there is a registry entry or a table that is not being
flushed
> and the userform name "A" cannot be reused until I save the workbook or
close
> and reopen it.  Is there a simplier way around this problem?

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:02:56 GMT
 VBA-UserForms Path/File Access Error
Rob, Thanks for the Comments.  After some digging I did manage to find
a Microsoft bug report Q244238 that relates this as a Visual Basic bug
for UserForms.  I guess I need to look for a work around.

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:57:59 GMT
 VBA-UserForms Path/File Access Error
Tony,

I thought that what I'd done showed the error and then allowed one to
continue without further ado!  Obviously I've not understood the longer term
implication of the error produced :-(

        Rob.

Quote:
> Rob, Thanks for the Comments.  After some digging I did manage to find
> a Microsoft bug report Q244238 that relates this as a Visual Basic bug
> for UserForms.  I guess I need to look for a work around.

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:38:33 GMT

1. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

2. Path/File access error (Error 75)

3. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

4. Run Time Error -- Path/File Access Error

5. Error 75 (Path/File access error) ???

6. Anyone seen this error: File/Path access error.

7. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

8. Error 75 Path/File access error

9. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

10. Path/File access error (Error 75)