Am I doing something wrong when I post here?
Author Message
 Am I doing something wrong when I post here?

Lately, I've been receiving lots of mail explaining how to accomplish
simple tasks in VB. I myself have never asked for these answers (really
:)), but somehow, everybody seems to think so.

Am I doing something wrong when I post answers, so that the answer part is
left out, and the original question seems to be my question.

If you've noticed that a smart guy with all the right answers suddenly asks
about lots of strange things, tell me (disregard that last line if you
don't have any sence of humor :)

Jens

Sun, 04 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I doing something wrong when I post here?

    Jens> Am I doing something wrong when I post answers, so that the
    Jens> answer part is left out, and the original question seems to
    Jens> be my question.

    Jens> Jens

Well, this message seems to be okay. Mayby someone else doesn't know
how to use the Newsgroup.

For de, der kan forst? det, kan jeg da tilf?je, at det tager lidt tid
at l?re at anvende Nyhedsgrupperne rigtigt.

Anders, Danmark.

Aalborg University, Institute of Electronic Systems, Dep. of Mathematics
Fredrik Bajersvej 7E, 9220 Aalborg O, Denmark

Sun, 04 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I doing something wrong when I post here?

Quote:

> Lately, I've been receiving lots of mail explaining how to accomplish
> simple tasks in VB. I myself have never asked for these answers (really
> :)), but somehow, everybody seems to think so.

> Am I doing something wrong when I post answers, so that the answer part is
> left out, and the original question seems to be my question.

I too have had this experience on a few occasions.  I think that people
sometimes just misread the postings.

Axiomatic Software   CIS: 100273,154
"i forgive you molesworth for those uncouth words"

Sun, 04 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I doing something wrong when I post here?
Jens,

Quote:

>  Lately, I've been receiving lots of mail explaining how to accomplish
>  simple tasks in VB. I myself have never asked for these answers (really
>  :)), but somehow, everybody seems to think so.

>  Am I doing something wrong when I post answers, so that the answer part is
>  left out, and the original question seems to be my question.

No, I don't think you're doing something wrong.  When you answer a question, you become the 'current' poster.  Then another person
with _the answer_ sends YOU mail because he's replying to the message via mail instead of posting his answer or sending email to
the original poster.  I don't know if it's the same person, but I would recommend you do what I did (because it happened to me a few
times lately):  Send the respondent private mail explaining what you just explained on this post.  That _should_ put an end to it.  If it
doesn't, then you know who _doesn't_ know the answer to the question <g>.

John Reynolds

Thu, 08 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Am I doing something wrong ?

2. Am I doing something wrong...??

3. Am I doing something wrong...??

4. Obviously I'm doing something wrong!

5. I must be doing something wrong here

6. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

7. What am I doing wrong??

8. What am I doing wrong?

9. Help with syntax. What am I doing wrong

10. What am I doing wrong?

11. What am I doing wrong?

12. What am I doing wrong?