Trapping syntax errors programmatically
Author Message
 Trapping syntax errors programmatically

We are working on an application that automates a lot of tedious VBA
code writing for users of a particular VBA enabled app.  Most code is
generated programmatically, so we can control it tightly to avoid
errors, but some small amount of code is written by the user at run
time (of our app, not of the VBA app).

When we write the code to the VBA project, we'd like to be able to
tell if the code we've written out generated a syntax error.  I can't
find anything in the documentation for the VBA Extensibility model
that will do this, but perhaps there are some undocumented tricks?

Thanks.
--
Rick Goldstein
Senior Developer

Tue, 08 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Runtime Syntax Error Trapping

2. Trapping SYNTAX errors

3. Syntax error w/ no error in syntax.

4. onerror trap doesn't trap error!

5. Trapping file sharing errors w/o ON ERROR?

6. DAO Error Trapping & Most Common Errors

7. Deadlock errors & vb error trapping

8. on error (trapping error)

9. Custom 500 error page - trapping the error text?

10. Breaks on error even when error trapping set to break on unhandled

11. No Error or ERL number returned in error trap

12. On Error doesn't trap error!