Why doea App.Path use "~1" short file names
Author Message
 Why doea App.Path use "~1" short file names

When I use App.Path in Win95 I get those ugly "~1" short file names.  It
works fine on NT, what gives?

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Why doea App.Path use "~1" short file names
Hey, i noticed that too.  I just live with it :).  Maybe by playing with the
dir command recursively you could extract the long file name version.  But
unless you're really worried about aesthetic looks.....

..Tummy..
ICQ: 1488812
Veridicus Software

Quote:

>When I use App.Path in Win95 I get those ugly "~1" short file names.  It
>works fine on NT, what gives?

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. App.Path returns "short" path name

2. App.Path only returning short path name - Why?

3. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

4. app.path only returns short path name

5. Problem with dot file names ".name"

6. Problem with "app.path"

7. Make "My Computer" default file path

8. Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App

9. run time error "52": bad file name or number

10. Read "control" names from text file

11. AS/400 File Name Contains "."

12. Format function with "Short Time" parameter