Converting Excel XLA file to XLS file using VBA
Author Message
 Converting Excel XLA file to XLS file using VBA

I need to convert an XLA file an employee made a while ago to an XLS to
make some modifications.

Cyrus

3934 Spruce Street              WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mehta11
Philadelphia, PA 19104          School Phone: (215) 387-8732

Know when to let go of what was... and be certain that your focus is always on
the moment... and that your plans only concern the future.
Not the past.
                                                 -- Jim Profit

You can deny all the things I have seen, all the things that I have discovered,
but not for much longer.  Cuz too many others know whats happening out there,
and no one has jurisdiction over the truth.
                                                 -- Fox Mulder

Sat, 02 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Excel XLA file to XLS file using VBA

Quote:

>I need to convert an XLA file an employee made a while ago to an XLS to
>make some modifications.

>Cyrus

Hi Cyrus,

I am the author of XLAtoXLS which decompiles XLA Add-Ins to the VBA
XLS source workbook.

There are two flavours available:

Version 1 is itself an XLA but can be defeated by protection on the
sheets and workbook.

Version 2 is a complete rewrite in C/C++ and compiled into an XLL. It
can overcome password protection, but is only available in 16-bit
(i.e. Excel 5) format for the moment.

You can download demo versions of XLAtoXLS from:

        http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~cpoxon/Excel/xlatoxls.htm

or

        ftp://ftp.winsite.com/pub/pc/win3/excel/xlatoxls.zip (v1)
        ftp://ftp.winsite.com/pub/pc/win3/excel/xla2xls2.zip (v2)
        (or any Winsite mirror)

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Craig Poxon

Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA in Excel, about two XLA in Excel

2. Using VBA to develop DBase file using Excel

3. ?? How can I convert *.xls, *.doc to multipage *.tif or *.dcx files

4. Converting Doc & XLS Files to HTML

5. converting *xls to *.csv file format

6. Save xls file to html with Excel and VB6

7. How can I convert a excel file in texte file with VB

8. Load .XLS file in Excel by clicking a link on the web app

9. How to close Excel after viewing .xls file in embedded WebBrowser control

10. EXCEL <- VB5 HELP!: How Create file .Xls with VB5

11. create Excel file using VBA

12. Problems using VBA to link or DAO to import Excel file into Access97