Parsing XML from an ASP page that Creates XML fails
Author Message
 Parsing XML from an ASP page that Creates XML fails

Hey;

I've got an ASP page that creates XML data

When I try to transform the XML on the server
with the .transformnode method it fails

I do

objXML.Load("products.asp")

When I save it to my harddisk as a XML (the returned data from products) it
does work, but of course that is not what I want

Thnx for any help

Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:52:10 GMT
 Parsing XML from an ASP page that Creates XML fails
This is very little to go on, but...

It could be that your objXML.Load call is failing because the XML
returned from products does not pass validation from the dtd...
Without the returned information from products.asp, it's hard to tell.

Try capturing the return value from Load() and see if it's true or
false (false would explain your problem).

And / Or you can add this code before your call to Load():
   objXML.validateOnParse= false
   objXML.resolveExternals=false

Good Luck,

Mike

Quote:

> Hey;

> I've got an ASP page that creates XML data

> When I try to transform the XML on the server
> with the .transformnode method it fails

> I do

> objXML.Load("products.asp")

> When I save it to my harddisk as a XML (the returned data from products) it
> does work, but of course that is not what I want

> Thnx for any help

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:31:07 GMT
 Parsing XML from an ASP page that Creates XML fails
There's no DTD

The asp returns simple xml like this

<list>
<product>
 <name>somethhing</name>
<cat>4645</cat>
</product>
</list

when I copy past the returned xml and save it
then there is no problem loading it
but when I just call the xml.load(product.asp) from another page it doesnt
load

when I manually load products.asp it does load valid XML

TP.

Quote:
> This is very little to go on, but...

> It could be that your objXML.Load call is failing because the XML
> returned from products does not pass validation from the dtd...
> Without the returned information from products.asp, it's hard to tell.

> Try capturing the return value from Load() and see if it's true or
> false (false would explain your problem).

> And / Or you can add this code before your call to Load():
>    objXML.validateOnParse= false
>    objXML.resolveExternals=false

> Good Luck,

> Mike

> > Hey;

> > I've got an ASP page that creates XML data

> > When I try to transform the XML on the server
> > with the .transformnode method it fails

> > I do

> > objXML.Load("products.asp")

> > When I save it to my harddisk as a XML (the returned data from products)
it
> > does work, but of course that is not what I want

> > Thnx for any help

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:03:56 GMT

1. Com+ xml parsing in asp's

2. How to create a secure connection, send an xml msg and receive and xml response

3. Problem posting xml from vb.net client to asp classic page

4. Newbie: Extracting xml from .asp page into dataset

5. using xml object 1.0 inside an asp page

6. XML, Converting Word doc's to XML files (O'2000)

7. Render XML+XSL into PrintDocument (not XML) ?

8. XML Newbie question, getting a value from an XML string

9. Trying to append a simple XML document as a node in an XML document

10. checking for xml tag/xml data???

11. XML From SQL2000 (Probs with FOR XML EXPLICIT)

12. XML document from SELECT ... FOR XML