How To Send Printer PCL Commands?
Author Message
 How To Send Printer PCL Commands?

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to send PCL commands to a printer.  For

default font. I can't simply "Print" this command or it just comes across
as text on the printer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc

Sun, 28 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How To Send Printer PCL Commands?
Printer control sequences are usually preceded with the Escape character
CHR$(27). You might try placing that character at the beginning of your
string and then just "print" it. If that doesn't work, you may have to
fiddle with Windows spooler settings, raw mode, or something like that (in
addition to my suggestion).

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am trying to figure out how to send PCL commands to a printer.  For

> default font. I can't simply "Print" this command or it just comes across
> as text on the printer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Marc

Sun, 28 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How To Send Printer PCL Commands?
Hello,

Thanks for the tip!  Finding information on PCL codes is worse than
pulling teeth.  You would think that information for something so common
would be easy to find.

Thanks again,
Marc

Quote:
> Printer control sequences are usually preceded with the Escape character
> CHR$(27). You might try placing that character at the beginning of your
> string and then just "print" it. If that doesn't work, you may have to
> fiddle with Windows spooler settings, raw mode, or something like that (in
> addition to my suggestion).

> > Hello,

> > I am trying to figure out how to send PCL commands to a printer.  For

> > default font. I can't simply "Print" this command or it just comes across
> > as text on the printer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Marc

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: How to send PCL commands to a printer from VBA

2. Sending escape sequences to PCL printer ??

3. Sending PCL 5e Escape Characters to the Printer

4. Send PCL command

5. Sending HPGL files to a PCL printer

6. Help, How to send printer command to printer bypassing printer driver in vb

7. how to send printer commands to a printer

8. Sending Printer Commands to Printer using QBASIC

9. Need to send a command directly to printer (Eltron Card Printer)

10. send command to printer port

11. sending printer commands?

12. How can I send commands to a printer???