OLE-Automation & OLE-Container control
Author Message
 OLE-Automation & OLE-Container control

Howdy,

I am using VB4 (16-bit) to create a front end app. I am
trying to use OLE automation with MS-Excel(ver.7.0) to
draw about 10 charts and to display these charts on a
OLE container control in VB one by one. Now, that's what
I want. What I am doing is this:

  * Create the charts - save the workbook in a file
    and quit MS-Excel.
  * Load the OLE-container control and use createlink to
    access each chart in order..

  This process is extremely slow & inefficient 'coz,
everytime I want to make a change - say, change the scale of the plot
- I have to reopen Excel, change the
scale, save the file, load & "createlink" the chart;-(
I am sure there is some other way to LINK THE
OLE-AUTOMATION TASKS WITH THE OLE-CONTAINER CONTROL!!!
Could someone let me know this.. Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Balaji Venkataraman

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. OLE Automation & Container Control

2. OLE control and OLE container

6. Q: OLE Container and Database OLE object field

7. How do you control the location of a Word Document inside an Ole Container control

8. Help: Controlling the content of an OLE-container control

9. ole containers & scrolling

10. Accessing MS Word document in OLE Container Control

11. Controlling Visio from the VB Ole container

12. OLE document container control