CD-Audio Player with multiple CD-ROMS...
Author Message
 CD-Audio Player with multiple CD-ROMS...

        I am trying to write a VB 4.0 CD-player program that will play
CDs from either of my two CD-ROMS.  I have been able to write the
program to work with my first CD ROM, but it seems as my second one is
left out.  Any ideas and help is appreciated.

        Thanks,

        David Vance

Thu, 18 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CD-Audio Player with multiple CD-ROMS...

Quote:

>    I am trying to write a VB 4.0 CD-player program that will play
>CDs from either of my two CD-ROMS.  I have been able to write the
>program to work with my first CD ROM, but it seems as my second one is
>left out.  Any ideas and help is appreciated.
>    Thanks,
>    David Vance

Instead of using something like "Open cdaudio" use:

"Open CdDrive$ & "type cdaudio", where CdDrive$ = d:, e:, etc.

That's how it's done in our program.  It handles multi-platter and
multiple CD drives.

--
Wolfgang John    - Shareware -

 - Phone Dialer and Logger - CD Player and Library - Win3.1 / Win95

Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CD-Audio Player with multiple CD-ROMS...

Quote:

>    I am trying to write a VB 4.0 CD-player program that will play
> CDs from either of my two CD-ROMS.  I have been able to write the
> program to work with my first CD ROM, but it seems as my second one is
> left out.  Any ideas and help is appreciated.

Before giving the open command to the MCI control (I assume you're using
the MCI control), set the Filename property of the to the drive letter
(plus a colon) of the CD-ROM drive to use.  e.g.

MMControl1.Filename = "E:"  ' Use drive E
MMControl1.DeviceType = "cdaudio"
MMControl1.Command = "Open"

  - S

--
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
and do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.

Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing multiple Audio CDs in CD Changers?

2. Ejecting with multiple CD-ROMS!

3. ejecting with multiple cd-roms

4. Ejecting with multiple CD-ROMS!

5. Windows Media Player and Cd Audio