"Classes not registered" error sign
Author Message
 "Classes not registered" error sign

Hello,

I have had to uninstall and reinstall Win 95.  Consequently I did the
same for VB5 (Pro version), but now find that the Common Dialog
control has gone missing.  On the menu bar I have gone to Project -
Components, but get an error message:
"Class not registered.  Looking for object with CLSID:
0002E005-0000-0000- C000-000000000046".
 When clicking on Components - Controls - Browse, I can see lots of
OCX files, including Comdlg32.ocx (the common dialog file in the
Windows directory), but the above message pops up again when I attempt
to install it.

There is a  fix file (Vbcmpfix.exe) for Common Dialog control
problems,  but even though it reports the problem is now fixed, it
isn't.

I have temporarily put VB4 back on my computer to see if the problem
also exists there.  The Common dialog control is running as it should.

This is a hindrance, because an application I've recently been putting
together in VB5 now won't run properly without the above class
registered in RegEdit.

Any help gratefully received,
(Apologies to this group if this message has already appeared.  It is
not showing when I download all headers.)

Roger Stitson

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Classes not registered" error sign
When you reinstall VB, the comdlg32.ocx file remains on your computer. try
deleting the file manually and then reinstalling VB. You shouldn't need to
uninstall first.

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Classes not registered" error sign
when i tried that for a license violation problem, the comdlg32.ocx
was not reinstalled.  i had to copy it from the installation disk.
vbc.exe did solve the problem that i was having.

When you reinstall VB, the comdlg32.ocx file remains on your computer.
try
deleting the file manually and then reinstalling VB. You shouldn't
need to
uninstall first.

Wed, 13 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Classes not registered" error sign

2. "Class not registered" error

3. "class not registered" error

4. "Automation Error-Interface not registered" Error

5. "Class Not Registered?"

6. DCOM - "Class not registered locally"

7. "Class not registered"

8. dataenvironment returns "CLASS NOT REGISTERED"

9. Help - "Class not registered"

10. "Object Not Registered" error

11. "Object server not correctly registered" error

12. Regular Expression - "Library not registered Error"