Problem with F1 context help!
Author Message
 Problem with F1 context help!

Hi,
I wrote a helpfile with MS Help Workshop and created Topics and Whats this
help. The "Show Whats this" function works perfect but the F1 context help
will not work. I set the "Help Context ID" in the object properties to a
special ID but nothing comes up.

I have an app with a fixed menubar window and some other windows, not MDI,
open at the same time and a F1 function in my "help menu" in this menubar
window. Could that be the problem that in the other windows the F1 context
help does not work (in the menubar window it does not work too)?

Or are there new API calls for the Help Workshop help files?

Kay Molkenthin - Ruesternallee 45 - 14050 Berlin

UIN: 3776538
Microsoft Beta Tester: ID 307850

Thu, 04 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with F1 context help!

Hello, Kay!

Context-sensitive help is constructed within your "myApp.hpj" file.
It looks something like this:

[MAP]
MDIForm1        1
frmOne          2
frmTwo          3
frmMain         4

Then just be sure to add these numbers to the individual forms
(or controls) within their respective VB HelpContext_ID properties,
and add the appropriate Jump Tags within your .RTF file.

There's a great example on building Help Files in the book by
"Scott, Shannon, Font, Hatfield, et al" entitled:
"Visual Basic 4 Unleashed.

Regards,
David

Quote:

> Hi,
> I wrote a helpfile with MS Help Workshop and created Topics and Whats this
> help. The "Show Whats this" function works perfect but the F1 context help
> will not work. I set the "Help Context ID" in the object properties to a
> special ID but nothing comes up.

> I have an app with a fixed menubar window and some other windows, not MDI,
> open at the same time and a F1 function in my "help menu" in this menubar
> window. Could that be the problem that in the other windows the F1 context
> help does not work (in the menubar window it does not work too)?

> Or are there new API calls for the Help Workshop help files?

> --
> Kay Molkenthin - Ruesternallee 45 - 14050 Berlin

> UIN: 3776538
> Microsoft Beta Tester: ID 307850

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

2. Help context ID and F1 key

3. F1 context sensitive help doesn't work on MDI child forms

4. context-sensitive (F1) help with pop-up menus

5. F1 does not bring up context-sensitive help

6. Disable F1 context help via API?

7. F1 key and context ID

8. testing for F1 and Shift-F1

9. Disabling the Help window popping up after pressing F1

10. Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key

11. Linking F1 To Custom Help File In Word Form

12. Office Assistant Balloons for F1 Help