Finding a certain task
Author Message
 Finding a certain task

Emergency!
I need to determine the existance of a certain task (java applet under
Win-NT 4.0) on the fly...

How could it be done to find out if the task exists and if it is still
active/working?
Is there a way of sending commands to this task, or remove/restart it if not
working?
How can I get a list of all existing tasks under VB 5?

Thanks for your time!

M. Bergmann

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Finding a certain task
Take a look at API-Functions
EnumWindows
EnumThreadWindows
GetWindowThreadProcessId
PostThreadMessage .. WM_QUIT
GetProcess... ( many functions)
They will help you, if you're task is windowed. Most Tasks have
invisible windows. They are also enumerate. None-windowed will be
services (never seen other)

Michael Bergmann schrieb:

Quote:

> Emergency!
> I need to determine the existance of a certain task (java applet under
> Win-NT 4.0) on the fly...

> How could it be done to find out if the task exists and if it is still
> active/working?
> Is there a way of sending commands to this task, or remove/restart it if not
> working?
> How can I get a list of all existing tasks under VB 5?

> Thanks for your time!

> M. Bergmann

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. procedure to find certain files from a certain date on harddisk

2. W2k Task-Scheduler -> find hanging tasks

3. Level only certain tasks instead of entire project?

4. Repeat a Task at a Certain Time in the Day

5. Finding the average of certain fields in a table

6. Find files of certain type

7. Finding DocObject text in certain windows

8. Finding if certain characters exist in a string

9. Finding & Counting Certain Characters in a string

10. Where do I find certain file

11. Help: Where to find all the functions in a certain dll

12. script to open page and find certain text