Negative Exponet
Author Message
 Negative Exponet

If I wanted to multiply a number by a negative exponet is this possible in the
code?  If so could anyone tell me?

Thanks Adam

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:38:32 GMT
 Negative Exponet
It's awfully easy to try. Why don't you do that, in the immediate window,
and post back here what happened when you executed, say, ? 2*10^-1

Not only that, but if you _do_ it, you'll remember far longer than if we
tell you.

Quote:
> If I wanted to multiply a number by a negative exponet is this possible in
the
> code?  If so could anyone tell me?

> Thanks Adam

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:13:48 GMT
 Negative Exponet

Quote:

> If I wanted to multiply a number by a negative exponet is this possible in the
> code?  If so could anyone tell me?

You mean like how x^-y is (1/x)^y ?

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  Sacrament R2-45 <http://www.xenu.net/>

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:59:31 GMT
 Negative Exponet

Quote:

>Date: 4/14/02 8:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>It's awfully easy to try. Why don't you do that, in the immediate window,
>and post back here what happened when you executed, say, ? 2*10^-1

>Not only that, but if you _do_ it, you'll remember far longer than if we
>tell you.

>> If I wanted to multiply a number by a negative exponet is this possible in
>the
>> code?  If so could anyone tell me?

>> Thanks Adam

Excellent answer Larry.

Dan  :-)

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:16:40 GMT
 Negative Exponet
Sorry Larry, i assumed if i put a - it would subtract, instead of multiply by a
negative.  I guess that is what i get for assuming.  =)
My bad, sorry if i upset you by asking such an eays question to try.  My bad
again =)
 I have just been taking a Visual Basic class for about 3 months in school so i
am still on the basics, but i hope to learn a lot more.

Thanks a bunch.  Adam

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:59:27 GMT

1. Time Diff with negative values

2. How To Make Negative Numbers Have Parenthesis?

3. How to do a Running Sum with Only Negatives

4. How to Rid Table of Negative Numbers

5. Negative Values

6. Change a positive number to negative

7. Negatives to zero

8. PPT negative font sizes

9. why negative error-codes

10. negative error-numbers

11. VBA to display negative margin in red

12. Shape.Top negative number significance