Nt or win 2000 service
Author Message
 Nt or win 2000 service

Hi,
     excuse me for my language, but I don't know english very well.
I'm an italian vb developer. I need to install my software as Nt (or win
2000) service. I' have found in internet an active x object (ntsvocx.dll)
which permits that but I need to permit my service program interact with
desktop and I haven't found that function in the active x. With the ntsvocx
I have installed correctly my program as Nt service but I haven't find a
method to permit interact with desktop.
Can you help me?
There is an api code or a control to resolve completely my problem?
Thx for your inerest.

Alberto De Biasi

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:23:07 GMT
 Nt or win 2000 service
It can't be done. Windows NT/2000 services have to be background
applications. I.e no user interaction. The only GUI you can have is via a
control panel applet.

--

Nothing is certain, except the impossibility of self-contradictory
statements.

Quote:
> Hi,
>      excuse me for my language, but I don't know english very well.
> I'm an italian vb developer. I need to install my software as Nt (or win
> 2000) service. I' have found in internet an active x object (ntsvocx.dll)
> which permits that but I need to permit my service program interact with
> desktop and I haven't found that function in the active x. With the
ntsvocx
> I have installed correctly my program as Nt service but I haven't find a
> method to permit interact with desktop.
> Can you help me?
> There is an api code or a control to resolve completely my problem?
> Thx for your inerest.

> Alberto De Biasi

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:54:56 GMT

1. Nt or Win 2000 service

2. Set up a VB service on win 2000 Server

3. Failure to Launch Outlook 2000 As a NT Service

4. look if a nt service is runnning (window 2000 server), in vb net

5. How to control NT/2000 service from VB?

6. NT/2000 Service in VB.NET

7. Service sous NT&2000

8. How to make a Windows nt/2000 Services in Visual Basic 6

9. How to control NT/2000 service from VB?

10. Differances In RTF control between NT and Win 2000

11. RegCreateKeyEx, Win NT/2000, and compiler optimization

12. VBS for Win NT & 2000-Michael Harris