VB4 "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"
Author Message
 VB4 "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"

MS posted info on the above but refers to custom controls created with
VB5.  I'm rather new at all this, so bear with me(!)
I have VB4 at home, and am learning to create some easy applications,
my first introduction to programming.  The problem is, when I went to
Tools/Custom Controls, I got the error msg. Object Server Not
Correctly Registered."  I had to click OK 3 or 4 times until the box
cleared, and then I was able to access some of the 32-bit controls (I
have Windows 95).  However, the famous "empty box" appeared at the
bottom of the controls bar.

Is there anyway to repair this?  Is it a registry problem?
This NOVICE really appreciates your help.
Thanks!

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4 "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"

no, reinstall the program.  When you installed it, another program,
probably a VB3 or 4 program, was calling the OLE server and you lost the
registration.  Just reinstal and cross your fingers.
                        ---

Quote:
> MS posted info on the above but refers to custom controls created with
> VB5.  I'm rather new at all this, so bear with me(!)
> I have VB4 at home, and am learning to create some easy applications,
> my first introduction to programming.  The problem is, when I went to
> Tools/Custom Controls, I got the error msg. Object Server Not
> Correctly Registered."  I had to click OK 3 or 4 times until the box
> cleared, and then I was able to access some of the 32-bit controls (I
> have Windows 95).  However, the famous "empty box" appeared at the
> bottom of the controls bar.

> Is there anyway to repair this?  Is it a registry problem?
> This NOVICE really appreciates your help.
> Thanks!

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Object server not correctly registered" error

2. "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"

3. Error "Object Server not correctly registered"?

4. "Object Server Not Correctly Registered" - Solution

5. "Object server not correctly registered"

6. err "object server not correctly registered "

7. Error - "Oject Server Not correctly registered."

8. Error - "Oject Server Not correctly registered."

9. "Object server not correctly registered

10. VB6, "Component not correctly registered"

11. "Component Not Correctly Registered"

12. "Error 336", Composant not register correctly