How to capture the menu press event of an application from VB
Author Message
 How to capture the menu press event of an application from VB

I would like a pointer or two on the following "How to Do"

1. I have an OLE aware application into which I want to integrate
my own VB application.

2. Call the application I want to integrate into APP and my application
myAPP.

3. In APP, if the user selects a particular menu item from File menu,
i.e. she selects say File -> Export Object and in the resulting dialog
box, types in a file name, I would like to capture the file name in
myAPP.

Is it possible to do at all? Is it more of Win API or VB/OLE? I am
totally new to both VB, OLE and Windows API.

(though I have a lot of programming experience on MVS, VM, Unix text
applications).

Thanks for any help

Anil

--
Sathsangatve    nissangatvam   From good company to no company
Nissangatve      nirmohatvam   From no company to lack of desire

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How capture KeyUP press event...

2. how do we capture the Tab Key Press event in a text box

3. Capturing the sendmail event from a VB application (Outlook 98)

4. Preventing LoseFocus Event to Fire when User Presses Close on the menu bar

5. Preventing LoseFocus Event to Fire when User Presses Close on the menu bar

6. Capturing the Tab key-press in a c++ ocx embedded in a vb form

7. how to capture dynamic menu's click event

8. Capturing Mouse & Keyboard Events Anywhere in Application

9. Capturing Mouse & Keyboard Events Anywhere in Application

10. Capturing Mouse/Keyboard Events at the Application Level

11. Capturing Mouse & Keyboard Events Anywhere in Application

12. Press F1 key while drop-down menu item highlighted, drop-down menu stays on top