Am I lucky or just playing with time?!
Author Message
 Am I lucky or just playing with time?!

As my first project, I made a small (but semi-sweet) image viewer that only
opens JPGs, GIFs, and BMPs.  I have heard (but never read in Help Files) that,
since I am using VB4-32, it won't let me view JPGs or GIFs.  So far, it has
never failed to work on any machines I have installed it on.  Is this because I
am just lucky and it is only a matter of time until it fails to work, or is
there possibly a DLL or some other file that makes this possible???

If it is a dll that makes this possible, please let me know what it is so I can
add it to the setup file (so far, I have only needed Vb40032.dll).  Thanks in
advance.  You guys have been very helpful in my learning so far.  :-)

~P6

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I lucky or just playing with time?!
I have used the standard VB4 picture box to display GIF and JPG files. It
works ok but the quality is not as good as a dedicated custom control. I
don't know why the support for these formats was not documented, possibly
because the quality wasn't that good.

Lee

Quote:

>As my first project, I made a small (but semi-sweet) image viewer that only
>opens JPGs, GIFs, and BMPs.  I have heard (but never read in Help Files)
that,
>since I am using VB4-32, it won't let me view JPGs or GIFs.  So far, it has
>never failed to work on any machines I have installed it on.  Is this
because I
>am just lucky and it is only a matter of time until it fails to work, or is
>there possibly a DLL or some other file that makes this possible???

>If it is a dll that makes this possible, please let me know what it is so I
can
>add it to the setup file (so far, I have only needed Vb40032.dll).  Thanks
in
>advance.  You guys have been very helpful in my learning so far.  :-)

>~P6

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3rd time lucky... vbs calling access2000 reports

2. Format date/time in DTPicker to display AM/PM or 24 hour time

3. help: text justed in reports access

4. How am I playing simple sound ?

5. Getting "lucky" with women using VB

6. Lucky 7

7. Ia€?m looking for being more lucky

8. Lucky 7

9. Lucky 7

10. Your Lucky lottery Numbers

11. Am I running in design-time ?

12. Regular expression - It should be easy, but I am having a bad time