ActiveX Control On Web Page
Author Message
 ActiveX Control On Web Page

I have an ActiveX control on a web page and I am trying to initialize a
public property on the ActiveX control called "User" to the value of
"UserName" by using the <param name="User" value="UserName"> line in the
OBJECT Tag of the html page. The 'User' property of the ActiveX control
never gets set to the value 'UserName' from the html Object tag.
 The following is the html code and ActiveX control code that I am using.
Does anyone know why this is not working or if it is possible to do this?

*******************
html code
*******************
<HTML>
<BODY>
<OBJECT classid="clsid:A86113FF-E35B-4C9E-8922-D2BCC2E9228C"
<param name="User" value="UserName">
</OBJECT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

********************
ActiveX control code
********************
Option Explicit
Private m_strUser As String

Public Property Get User() As String
    User = m_strUser
End Property

Public Property Let User(ByVal strNewValue As String)
    m_strUser = strNewValue
End Property

Private Sub UserControl_Initialize()
    txtUser.text = m_strUser
End Sub

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:45:38 GMT

1. REGISTERING ACTIVEX CONTROLS ON WEB PAGES

2. ActiveX control from Web Page

3. REGISTERING ACTIVEX CONTROLS ON WEB PAGES

4. Using ActiveX control in web page?

5. HELP: Using ActiveX Control in web page

6. Activex Control on Web Page w/Database connectivity

7. activex controls in web pages

8. Help with ActiveX Controls on web pages

9. HELP: Using ActiveX Control in web page

10. Pass info to ActiveX Control from web page

11. Real Confused using ActiveX controls on web pages

12. ActiveX Control on web page