Start W95 Dial-up Connection via VB
Author Message
 Start W95 Dial-up Connection via VB

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know how to automatically start a modem dial-up connection
(Without any dialog screens) and how to monitor this connection (i.e.
Check whether the connection has been made) and how to end it.

Thanks

Sun, 09 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Start W95 Dial-up Connection via VB

Quote:

>Hi everybody,

>Does anyone know how to automatically start a modem dial-up connection
>(Without any dialog screens) and how to monitor this connection (i.e.
>Check whether the connection has been made) and how to end it.

Go to http://www.intr.net/coolstf and get the Ras Dial OCX.

Regards,
Rod

Sun, 09 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Start W95 Dial-up Connection via VB

Quote:

> Hi everybody,
> Does anyone know how to automatically start a modem dial-up connection
> (Without any dialog screens) and how to monitor this connection (i.e.
> Check whether the connection has been made) and how to end it.
> Thanks

There is a RAS API. There's documentation in the MS Developer
Network CD's, but I'm not sure where else you can find it. As a
last resort, rasphone.exe also takes command line arguments.

Sun, 09 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Start W95 Dial-up Connection via VB

Quote:

> Hi everybody,

> Does anyone know how to automatically start a modem dial-up connection
> (Without any dialog screens) and how to monitor this connection (i.e.
> Check whether the connection has been made) and how to end it.

> Thanks

The following was posted (I think) by Robert Bottner some time ago. I have not had a chance to
try it.

You can use shell to call up the Dial-up connection
appstart& = Shell("rundll32.exe rnaui.dll,RnaDial
ThisIsTheNameOfYourConnection", 1)

Then you can use a setfocus and a sendkey to press enter (Although
that's not 100% reliable)

Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Starting Dial-Up Connection from VB?

2. Starting Dial-Up network connection from VB ???

3. A slightly better answer to the question of how to start a dialup connection from VB.

4. Problem: Start Dial Up Networking via VBA

5. Starting a Dial-Up Connection

6. Starting a dial up connection

7. Starting dialup networking connection

8. Starting dialup connection to an ISP??

9. Starting a dialup connection

10. Please! How can I start a W95 Dial-up connection from VB?

11. start a Dial-Up Network Connection

12. Starting a Dial-Up Connection