CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changes default printer
Author Message
 CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changes default printer

hi
When using the CommonDialog.ShowPrinter and changing the prineter i want
to print to it automatically changes the default printer. this is not
wanted. what can be done about this?

/konrad

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changes default printer
Clear the PrinterDefault of the Common Dialog control
Quote:

> hi
> When using the CommonDialog.ShowPrinter and changing the prineter i want
> to print to it automatically changes the default printer. this is not
> wanted. what can be done about this?

> /konrad

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changes default printer
If you set PrinterDefault = False, you will not be able to change printer
used by vb's printer object. If you want to change printer's without changed
the default printer you need to use APIs. Look up mskb Q173981.

David

Quote:

>hi
>When using the CommonDialog.ShowPrinter and changing the prineter i want
>to print to it automatically changes the default printer. this is not
>wanted. what can be done about this?

>/konrad

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changes default printer
This is a problem. If you set PrinterDefault = True then you cannot use the
VB Printer Object to print to the selected printer. I never use the
CommonDialog at all for printers. If I want to allow the user to select a
printer then I use a standard VBModal Form containing a Combo Box showing
all of the installed printers and let the user choose one of them. I then
use Set Printer = . . . . . to change the VB Printer Object to the one
selected. You can add other stuff to the VBModal Form if you need to
(orientation, copies etc). If you need any help with this then let me know.

Mike

Quote:

> hi
> When using the CommonDialog.ShowPrinter and changing the prineter i want
> to print to it automatically changes the default printer. this is not
> wanted. what can be done about this?

> /konrad

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changes default printer
Sorry, I meant False :-(

Mike

Quote:
> This is a problem. If you set PrinterDefault = True then you cannot use
the
> VB Printer Object to print to the selected printer.
>snip<

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CommonDialog.ShowPrinter changes default printer

2. CommonDialog Control - ShowPrinter - Printer Device Context Questions

3. How to retrieve selected printer name from commondialog.showprinter

4. Macro to change default printer and then restore original default printer settin

5. Common Dialog ShowPrinter doesn't post to default printer

6. Common Dialog ShowPrinter doesn't post to default printer

7. Changing Printers property reset printer to Windows default printer

8. CommonDialog1.ShowPrinter changes my defgault printer

9. What printer is chosen in CommonDialog when not default

10. Macro that selects printer and prints doc also changes default printer

11. Problem setting the active printer of Word 97 without changing the Windows default printer

12. Using Printer common dialog changes default printer