Replacement for VB String Grid
Author Message
 Replacement for VB String Grid

Help -

I want a replacement for the string grid shipped with VB 3.0/4.0 as I
need enhanced functionality. Can anyone recommend one that is not too
expensive. My main requirement is to allow "normal" field editing within
a cell. It does not need to be data aware.

I have looked at Farpoints Spread which looks good but I don't have
$US299 to spend on one component.

Thanks
Phil Eldridge

Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Replacement for VB String Grid

I use FarPoint Spread and I think it is worth the money...

Quote:
> Help -

> I want a replacement for the string grid shipped with VB 3.0/4.0 as I
> need enhanced functionality. Can anyone recommend one that is not too
> expensive. My main requirement is to allow "normal" field editing within
> a cell. It does not need to be data aware.

> I have looked at Farpoints Spread which looks good but I don't have
> $US299 to spend on one component.

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Replacement for VB String Grid

re: editing in a grid.

Sheridan Data Widgets will allow this, and I think TrueGrid will also.

Fri, 30 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Replacement for VB String Grid

Quote:

>Help -

>I want a replacement for the string grid shipped with VB 3.0/4.0 as I
>need enhanced functionality. Can anyone recommend one that is not too
>expensive. My main requirement is to allow "normal" field editing within
>a cell. It does not need to be data aware.

>I have looked at Farpoints Spread which looks good but I don't have
>$US299 to spend on one component.

>Thanks
>Phil Eldridge

Hello Phil,

With a little playing around you could use the dbgrid in unbound mode.

See Article ID: Q140021 in ms knowledge base
http://www.microsoft.com/kb/

         Alan Davis, Southampton, England

Sat, 01 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

2. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

3. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

4. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

5. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

6. 10Tec iGrid - the best replacement for standard VB grids and a ListView

7. Does VB have a String Replacement Function???

8. Replacement for grid control without registration

9. Creating Drop-In Replacement Controls (Grid)

10. Grid replacement for MSFlexGrid

11. Looking for a replacement for the MS Grid

12. Is there a replacement for the string function???